Magazine cap help

speyman

Based on the OP's description, the cap retaining pin isn't the culprit.  The swivel stud on the magazine cap is held in place by a spring clip.  Call Benelli and they may send you one.  I don't see them listed in parts catalogs.  If they don't have one to send you may have to go with an aftermarket swivel stud.  If you're EXTREMELY lucky, yours may have fallen back into the magazine tube and is stuck in there.  Remove your magazine spring and follower and the clip may fall out.  Looks like these:

Magazine Cap.JPG

Edited by truckcop
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, speyman said:

What keeps the sling swivel pin in place in the magazine cap.  Mine fell out taking my M-2 waterfowl gun apart and now won't stay in. 

Do you have photo's of your magazine cap and all of the parts you do have?  Truckcop most certainly has you pointed in the right direction, it would be nice to see the parts you do have for your magazine cap already.   Depending on the model the spring clip is installed on the front side of the magazine cap, perhaps you have all of the parts already.