FFT M4 Forends

Diesel79

Well I just got my FFT forends a few days ago and they were a touch too long for my particular gun.  

After some light filing they seem to be good to go.  The fit is actually quite nice.  Just a slight bit uneven on the top but that seems to be pretty typical.  I’ve seen pics of some worse and some better than mine.  

Overall I’m  pleased with them.   Definitely the most cost effective part to replace after the full length tube and follower.  I was thinking about going the AS trigger housing and Briley trigger components, but that is sticking a ton more money into something that already works.

My CarrierComp tube should be here in January and I’ll be good to go.  

A9A48364-CFA0-4A9A-B462-CD961EB02395.jpeg

DF4A8AA7-74F8-4220-89C2-2E1F3B94A59A.jpeg

C03EC46E-39E5-4D7A-A333-07B2BAB92221.jpeg

A3A9F9AF-EE39-4F3A-9F6C-351D38A339A9.jpeg

8CF3DD03-AC13-41CF-AE10-350B27262445.jpeg

Edited by Diesel79

Thanks.  

Not sure if my method is the best way, but seemed to work. 

I leveled them flat on my granite countertop, taped them together with painters tape, filed, checked fit. Did that 5 times and stopped about just right I think.  

There is a tiny gap at the receiver when you slide them together, then when you tighten it all up they fit as it shows.  I’m not sure if I could get them any better so I quit while the quittens good. Lol. Nice snug fit and most everything lined up except for the top which is normal. 

Edited by Diesel79

I went with CarrierComp for magazine tube. They include a USA made follower and spring with theirs for $200.  From what I’ve read they are one of, if not the best tube.  put on the $70 FFT forends and you are at your 3 922r parts requirement.  The 922r is for everyone, not just CA.  

Edited by Diesel79

Why not just stipple your stock hand guards in lieu of changing them out to the FFT pieces, to ensure an OEM fit, and instead upgrade some of your trigger components to meet 922r requirements? 

Biggest plus is that you’ll be gaining performance at both ends. 

Edited by 03svt

My reason was cost. If I’m gonna spend 275 on Briley trigger components I’m not going to put them in the factory polymer trigger housing I’d want them in an AS aluminum.  $475ish for all of that vs $83 shipped for the forends.  The factory trigger in mine is pretty good. 

that all being said I may eventually do the whole trigger pkg, but I also have a Langdon 1301 coming too so cant blow my wad on everything M4 right now.