On the naughty list.. So I’m buying it for myself!

Juliett Whiskey

JW -

Not to cut you off or discourage questions, but I'd recommend doing some searches on this forum to see what comes up.  There is a ton of good info on here and a lot of discussion on upgrading parts.  You'll also find some really good tutorials on changing out parts like the mag tube, and doing other mods.  Remember, if you're going to change out the mag tube, you'll also need to change a couple/few more parts if you choose to stay 922r compliant.

I originally went with a Nordic Comp mag tube and different NC tube extensions to give me a 12+1, 10+1 and finally 7+1 with a Carrier Comp tube.  I remember the first time I fully loaded up (12+1) and had my friend launch clays as fast as the trap machine would thrown them.  I had to change my pants when the smoke finally cleared!!!

I used a hand-held propane torch to heat the end of the receiver until the thread locker began to smoke. The magazine tube twisted right off with zero harm to the receiver or any surface. I'm sure a heat gun works too, but I didn't own one. Just don't be afraid to use a torch if you own one. Clean the threads, apply thread locker and install the full length tube. I replaced the stock magazine follower just for fun too.

I used the Freedom Fighter Tactical tube because it was readily available and I didn't want to wait several or more months for a similar tube with zero difference in function. It functions flawlessly and looks as good as any other. Any difference from one tube from another will be so minimal, I just don't see what the hype is all about. There are plenty of side by side comparison pics online. That's what made me go with a readily available tube rather than needlessly waiting.

I have used Nordic tubes on other shotguns and they are very nice. I just preferred a titanium tube as it has no coating to scratch.

11 hours ago, Juliett Whiskey said:

Thank you guys for the fresh feedback. Oh, thx dad for the forum rules!?

Whelp, I guess we got off to a rough start.  My apologies.  You're right, the latest intel is usually the best.  My only point was (and then I'll drop it), there are some old posts that give great tutorials on things like mag tube removal, trigger guard tear downs, gas piston tear downs, stock removal, buffer tube (rear receiver extension) replacement, etc., things that don't change much over the years.  Benelliworks and Stranger Danger have done some great work along those lines as have many others.

Regarding the mag tube removal, 9 Inch follows the normal and recommended practice.  I ended up using a heat gun instead of a torch which took longer to finally "smoke the Loctite" but it worked.  No pipe wrench required to loosen the tube, just my monkey paws.  I didn't apply any thread locker on the new tube because I wanted to be able to remove it easily.  I just ensure it is hand tight on reassembly and it's good to go.  

ATB, Birdog

Ok, I’m a heal now. I think things come across differently over a keyboard vs conversation. I know you were trying to be helpful, so I’m the turd, my apologies.  I’m pretty well versed in the handgun world.. personal and duty.. but this shotgun is a new and wonderful world to me.. I absolutely LOVE my M4 girl!! I really do appreciate your input and I’ll update when I do the deed! Thx again, much appreciated! Merry Christmas man!! JW.

5 hours ago, bambihunter said:

You don't have to scroll. Search... It's in the upper right corner.

Now I understand the naughty list comment. Meh, a new user with an attitude. Whatever. This is what ignore users is for. Adios

Merry Christmas sir! Why is it so hard to ask a question.. especially as a newcomer as you say? If u don’t like it, don’t comment or move on. It’s really that simple.. no need to reply, that simple. But like you said, Adios!!

Edited by Juliett Whiskey

JW -

Don't give up..., as you say, things get lost in translation on email and forums.  The Bambi-Man is a good man.  I thought he might be calling me out as well, but one never knows on posts, so ignore, learn and carry-on the good faith.  And as you say, Merry Christmas to you too, Sir!!