M4 receiver finish variations

M2_shootr

I spoke with StrangerDanger about some of the differing hues that seem to pop up on receivers.

Thought I would share my recent acquired m-1014 with a “blue” receiver. He stated he had never seen this. While it’s an oddity, I love it   . Before someone asks, no, it’s not the lighting or flash.

2Z9GYQD.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2020 at 9:29 AM, M2_shootr said:

I spoke with StrangerDanger about some of the differing hues that seem to pop up on receivers.

Thought I would share my recent acquired m-1014 with a “blue” receiver. He stated he had never seen this. While it’s an oddity, I love it   . Before someone asks, no, it’s not the lighting or flash.

2Z9GYQD.jpg

Good Morning all......New Benelli owner and first post.   I also have a "blue" receiver so good to see I am not alone ha.  Any issues with Cerakoting the M4?  

Anyway, I really enjoy the forum and the great information found here.   Thanks from a newbie!

• Upvote 1

I picked up my M4 today and noticed the exact same thing while I was cleaning it. I thought maybe it was the lighting. After I saw your post, I decided to put it next to my M2 for comparison. Definitely a dark slate blue color! It is kinda cool. I wonder if ours were manufactured around the same time and thats the hue that formed in this batch of receivers?

processed.jpeg

Edited by SJPotter31