M4 Build Finally Completed!

Milspec

Yesterday after about two hours of fitting forearms my M4 was completed and finally brought to life.  Or, brought back to life I should say!

It's been a 10 month process with a lot of ups and downs.  These downs ended up having me reassemble the entire M4 essential on my own.  NP3 plated in and out and many aftermarket upgrades.  I certainly learned a lot and know much more about this platform than I ever did.

StrangerDanger and Vertcofiremarms were sounding boards throughout my journey and that was very much appreciated.

I want to put out what an awesome individual Stranger Danger is.  He took his valuable time on many occasions to answer my countless questions.  Always responding with a will to help and a courteous attitude yet he owed me nothing.  SD is a tremendous resource and a credit to this forum.  I have never interacted with anyone with his level of firearm knowledge that didn't act like they were guarding the launch codes.  Thank you for your help, advice and fantastic tutorials.

Enough gushing.  Now I have to find time to sight this day ruiner in! 

Edited by Milspec
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

• Milspec changed the title to M4 Build Finally Completed!

Upgraded/aftermarket items:

GG&G Bolt Release

TTI Charging Handle

TTI Lifter/Carrier

TTI Follower

TTI Oversized Safety

FFT Trigger Group + Springs

FFT Forearm

A&S Trigger Housing

A&S Reduced Effort Safety Spring

Scalarworks Sync Mount

Trijicon SRO

Benelli OEM Ghost Ring Night Sights

Carrier Comp Muted Mag Tube with Wolf Spring

Noveske QD Sling Mount

IWC Light/Sling Mount

IWC M600 Backbone Light Body

Surefire Scout 1000 Lumen Head

Surefire Z61 Tail Cap

Limb Saver Butt Pad

All stippling done by Tango Arms - These guys are awesome and have most exceptional customer service.

Edited by Milspec

1 minute ago, Nocturnalnature said:

That's a beauty right there! Tastefully done without being over the top.

Where'd you snag that nifty QD socket plate in the stock? 

Thank you sir. 

I picked up the QD plate up at Optics Planet.  From what I heard they can be tough to find.  When I ordered it was on "back order".  I think I still received it in about 2-2 1/2 weeks.

It takes a little work to replace in the stock but totally doable with time, patience and tools.  SD's tutorial made it much easier.

18 hours ago, Milspec said:

Upgraded/aftermarket items:

Noveske QD Sling Mount

Thanks for spending $50 of my money this morning! I have been looking for a solution to my rear sling mount dilemma and can’t believe this was the first time I saw this option. Perfect!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shekkie said:

Thanks for spending $50 of my money this morning! I have been looking for a solution to my rear sling mount dilemma and can’t believe this was the first time I saw this option. Perfect!

You’ll want to look up my tutorial on how to disassemble the plastic stocks in order to install one of these. It’s up there on the skill level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerDanger said:

You’ll want to look up my tutorial on how to disassemble the plastic stocks in order to install one of these. It’s up there on the skill level. 

Found it! That looks like fun. I’ll do it on my fixed pistol grip first for practice. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Shekkie said:

Glad I could help.  ?   I noticed they actually have them in stock now.

Edited by Milspec

37 minutes ago, Shekkie said:

Found it! That looks like fun. I’ll do it on my fixed pistol grip first for practice. Thanks!

It will show you the way.  You'll want to make sure you order that new stock retaining/slave nut before hand.

Edited by Milspec