Panzer M4 Shotgun

3 hours ago, Freelancer99 said:

My bad, I thought I was enjoying the Benelli Forum, not the cheap knock-off forum.

Panzer had the choice to create something unique (like Benelli did with the M4), but decided to take the easy way out and cash in on a proven entity. At least it looks just like a Benelli!

Snobs? Benelli Social Status??? Really, what is this, high school? 

No, mature adults don't feel threatened they are just fans of the platform.

then try enjoying the forum and having an informed opinion vs denigrating other peoples choices bc the gun didnt cost enough for you. if it was $1500-1800 you'd probably be singing its praises.  again, maybe i missed your in depth review.....

5 minutes ago, les_garten said:

It's not snobbery to watch a few videos that show it's a piece of junk and make a determination.  I don't need to buy one to see that.  That's what the youtube world does for us, keeps everyone from making the same mistakes.  Like I said, who wouldn't want a Benelli for $600?  However, I wouldn't put $100 into that gun in the video on the ar-15 forum.  I don't see the point.  That gun was one buttload of major malfunctions looking for an excellent opportunity to catastrophically fail.

That's just your Benelli Social Status talking!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, les_garten said:

It's not snobbery to watch a few videos that show it's a piece of junk and make a determination.  I don't need to buy one to see that.  That's what the youtube world does for us, keeps everyone from making the same mistakes.  Like I said, who wouldn't want a Benelli for $600?  However, I wouldn't put $100 into that gun in the video on the ar-15 forum.  I don't see the point.  That gun was one buttload of major malfunctions looking for an excellent opportunity to catastrophically fail.

then dont buy one. simple concept. new or potential buyers to the M4 platform could come here and see all the complaints and issues and deem the M4 a POS without ever having tried one based on your logic.  i think the verdict is still out on the Panzer despite the bias shown here

2 minutes ago, MrMilitaryPolice said:

then try enjoying the forum and having an informed opinion vs denigrating other peoples choices bc the gun didnt cost enough for you. if it was $1500-1800 you'd probably be singing its praises.  again, maybe i missed your in depth review.....

I am enjoying THIS forum, the forum for BENELLI shotguns.  I guess you didn't watch the videos?  It's not the cost, it's the quality.  The video in the OP post number one showed it malfunctioning.  And that was a "positive" video.  The idea of youtube videos is to help you develop an informed opinion without having to reinvent the wheel or buy everything and analyze it yourself.  I can't believe you've watched that video and determined that gun was worth a second look.  It shows an obvious piece of crap. 

Your name here is Mr Military Police.  You can't tell me that after watching that video on the ARF forum that you would carry that gun On Duty, assuming your handle here means anything.  You can't load the gun, and if you do get it loaded without a ramrod, you can't get it to cycle through the rounds, and when it's finished, in short order, it had ate it's own trigger group.  If that's not junk to you...  whouzer!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freelancer99 said:

Never denigrated anyone, please review my comments.

just someone who appreciates great innovation, design and engineering, none of which is comes from this cheap knock-off. 

How many do you think they would sell if it didn't look exactly like an M4.

again, share with us your hands on review of the Panzer. tell us bout the fit and finish, lack of engineering and design, how many failures you had, what loads cycle and eject best??  ill wait

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, les_garten said:

You seem to be awful sensitive about this...

nah, far from it. i just got tired of seeing internet warriors trash a product unjustifiably.  far as i recall, very few people here have put one in their hands to give it a fair review.  probably before your Benelli 'time' but when the M1 was having all its cycling issues, i guess it was a POS too..till someone realized you couldnt hang a bunch of crap off the receiver and it work reliably.. see how that works??

2 minutes ago, MrMilitaryPolice said:

nah, far from it. i just got tired of seeing internet warriors trash a product unjustifiably.  far as i recall, very few people here have put one in their hands to give it a fair review.  probably before your Benelli 'time' but when the M1 was having all its cycling issues, i guess it was a POS too..till someone realized you couldnt hang a bunch of crap off the receiver and it work reliably.. see how that works??

You didn't watch the video over on the arf forum did you?

in response to the video you posted, another user on Arfcom had this rebuttal...

Originally Posted By M60-E4:
As for the video above, definitely not my experience as I’ve shot over 300 rounds now of Speer Lawman and Winchester X Low Recoil, Full Power 00,  Slugs, and some birdshot with zero malfunctions to date.

see what i mean?? we need to give them a chance and see what happens with buyers in the real world. even the world renowned Benelli isnt without issue

Just now, les_garten said:

How about the review in post number one on this thread by internet shills that couldn't get it to go through the video without a malfunction?

Like I asked before, you gonna get one for your duty gun?

ive got an 11707 of my own and two other Benellis, 3 Remingtons, two Ithacas, three Brownings and a Vepr 12, so no, i dont need a Panzer, but thanks for asking

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrMilitaryPolice said:

in response to the video you posted, another user on Arfcom had this rebuttal...

As for the video above, definitely not my experience as I’ve shot over 300 rounds now of Speer Lawman and Winchester X Low Recoil, Full Power 00,  Slugs, and some birdshot with zero malfunctions to date.

see what i mean?? we need to give them a chance and see what happens with buyers in the real world. even the world renowned Benelli isnt without issue

1) Can't Load shells into the magazine, Federal shells, not some strange off brand

2) Numerous Fail to feed malfunctions

3) Numerous Fail to extract malfunctions

4) Stuck shell lifter

5) Ate it's own trigger group

6) Questionable metallurgy around the pistons

etc, etc

Not entirely sure what it would take to scare you off...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, les_garten said:

1) Can't Load shells into the magazine, Federal shells, not some strange off brand

2) Numerous Fail to feed malfunctions

3) Numerous Fail to extract malfunctions

4) Stuck shell lifter

5) Ate it's own trigger group

6) Questionable metallurgy around the pistons

etc, etc

Not entirely sure what it would take to scare you off...

and i counter that with this users experience

I wish I could have seen his initial review and why he sold it off so quickly....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=25221202
View All Quotes

I messaged him he said :

Basically, the gun ran great, only failed to cycle 2 low power birdshot shells out of about 100 mixed rounds of buckshot/birdshot. Apparently real M4s don't cycle low power birdshot very well either. Fit and finish are pretty good too.  I'd put another couple hundred rounds through it before trusting my life to it, but overall my impression is positive. Would buy again, esp for $500.

This thread is definitely coming across as snobbish. As the one utube reviewer kept reminding his viewers, "This shotgun IS 1/3 the cost of a Benelli M4."

The Chicoms have cloned a number of guns including the Browning ATD-22, the 1911, the Model 1897 shotgun, the 870, and the M-14 to name a handful. Rossi cloned the Winchester 62A. The Indians reverse engineered the FAL and it worked sufficiently for them. All of these were venerated, proven gun designs. Some of the Norinco made guns have the occasional part not interchangeable with the originals yet these clones are well thought of and command prices much higher than they originally sold for, surprisingly in line with the current market for the originals, sometimes higher.

All I care about is that a gun goes BOOM immediately followed by small, hot, metallic thingies being forcefully expelled from the muzzle at very high velocity, reliably. Nothing else matters. And from the posted 17+ minute video review along with his followup on compatible mods I've concluded there is NOTHING wrong with the Turknelli M4 that cannot be easily resolved, in particular that being the matter of the shell stop. As far I can tell the only operational malfunctions were a combination of needing more hotter buckshot loads to break it in and avoiding that low end cheapie Winchester ammo.

Now with that said, how many of you snobbish Benelli owners own a Mossberg POS? (Yes, Mossys are genuine POS).

Edited by Sukhoi_fan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1