Panzer M4 Shotgun

1 minute ago, MrMilitaryPolice said:

i had a gen 1 590A1 and a 500A back in very early 2000s. The 590 fore-end was so loose that it caused binding on the slide bars when working the action. It had an incredible amount of 'play' in it when it was locked up. i decided i couldnt trust it and sold off both Mossbergs and havent owned another since.

Sounds like your standard Mossy.

• Like 2

wow,cool topic,been a way a while,love those M1014s,awesome shotgun,man, if I couldn't afford a Benelli m4 and this m4 clone is avalaible,I would buy it,even if it works for just a little while because ''something is better than nothing'',I bought a chinese trench gun clone  last year cause I could'nt afford a real one.it broke on me 6 months later, very bad  ,it was so bad that the  1897 smiths would'nt touch it,another smith said''ditch it''so I sold it and used the money  and then some  to buy another gun,so it worked out pretty good,it didn't seem like it at the time,the gun I bought was just meant for me, ,heck of a journey to end up purchasing my favorite type of shotgun, a Benelli,  I wish all of you a good day and happy shooting.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So in other news, one of my buddies got out with his Panzer M4.  He ran 50 rounds of 00buck and it ran flawlessly and smoothly.  He's impressed and loves it already.  He plans to do another 50 of 00buck and then start trying some lighter stuff just to ensure it's broken and give it the best chance of reliable cycling.  He's really happy so far.

Edited by sniiped
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I read through all 8 pages of the ar15 thread.  Those guys are loving their clones. They're quickly figuring out what parts work and what alternatives to Benelli parts there are available.

I watched part of the video that was posted here, and what I saw was a guy who ran 5 rounds of high brass through his clone for break in, then tried to run low brass target loads through it and it wasn't cycling correctly.  Maybe there's more to it, but if these things need a break in with high brass rounds, I'm fairly certain it means more than 5 of them.  There's one guy claiming to have 500 rounds of high brass through his without a single malfunction. It'll be interesting to see if he can cycle some target loads now.

Whoever determined that these Turkish clones are POS's seemingly did it off of a sample of one that had a questionable break in from some random "expert" from the internet, but what do I know? I'm just a guy on the internet.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 9:47 PM, sniiped said:

You will have to, at a minimum, change out the buffer tube to a Benelli one.  Panzer attaches the stock completely differently from the m4

It took some Work but got the Mesa Tactical Stock, shell holder and  Truckee Forearm installed

MesaTactial6.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 1:32 AM, sniiped said:

I read through all 8 pages of the ar15 thread.  Those guys are loving their clones. They're quickly figuring out what parts work and what alternatives to Benelli parts there are available.

I watched part of the video that was posted here, and what I saw was a guy who ran 5 rounds of high brass through his clone for break in, then tried to run low brass target loads through it and it wasn't cycling correctly.  Maybe there's more to it, but if these things need a break in with high brass rounds, I'm fairly certain it means more than 5 of them.  There's one guy claiming to have 500 rounds of high brass through his without a single malfunction. It'll be interesting to see if he can cycle some target loads now.

Whoever determined that these Turkish clones are POS's seemingly did it off of a sample of one that had a questionable break in from some random "expert" from the internet, but what do I know? I'm just a guy on the internet.

Edit to add: OOPS wrong video.  I was thinking of a different video.

Edited by bigdog02

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2021 at 11:45 PM, Fett Tracking said:

someone above just said the mag extension didnt work. can we get an a-firm?

whats the deal with urbino stocks these days? has quality gone down with mesa? 

The 2 round extensions do not fit as they are too long to allow the end cap to engage the barrel ring. Someone said that the full tubes work but I have not tried that. Anyone really know if the full tubes work on the Panzer?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 5:00 PM, 12508 said:

Anyone seen this?
Benelli M4 clone.  $549 retail and looks impressive. 

Maybe this will motivate Benelli to offer some more M4 variants (at least colors, furniture).

I owned a Benelli M4. Big fan on its reliability. But these are some facts to chew on. One, Benelli is own by Stoeger. Two, Stoeger is base out of Turkey. Argo system patent expires and we start seeing   Benelli clones come out with the same inertial system. I let you come to your own conclusion and connect the dots. Would not be the first you, the consumer bought something for the name itself.  USMC 0311

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Shomer said:

I owned a Benelli M4. Big fan on its reliability. But these are some facts to chew on. One, Benelli is own by Stoeger. Two, Stoeger is base out of Turkey. Argo system patent expires and we start seeing   Benelli clones come out with the same inertial system. I let you come to your own conclusion and connect the dots. Would not be the first you, the consumer bought something for the name itself.  USMC 0311

I thought Beretta was the parent company

• 5 months later...
On 9/11/2021 at 9:40 PM, Shomer said:

Benelli owns stoeger. Beretta owns both benelli and stoeger. Stoeger is based in Maryland and imports firearms.  Getting your facts straight before posting can help.  Also, usmc 0311?  Do you have proof to this claim, or is this a case of stolen valor?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 3:47 PM, Freelancer99 said:

Let's consider creating a sub-forum for cheap POSs, we'll repost this thread and everyone who considers this as a viable alternative can continue the conversation there.

I understand what you guys are stating about M4 knock-offs.  I also agree for the most part.  I haven't read much stating that the POS's were "equal or better than a Benelli M4".  Keeping things in perspective, not everyone can afford or justify a Benelli M4, but would like something "M4...ish".  Can't blame a "poo-boy", like myself, for that OTHER than attempting to claim equity w/ M4.  That's all.  If operation/feel/function is nearly same...it very well may be a great beater training gun.  I have a purpose to justify ownership of a Benelli and it's a big investment.  I am not a rich man & thus HATE training or even playing w/ my M4 on the range.  Weird BUT it's a big expense to me and I don't wanna beat it up.  I need/use the Benelli for work & try to keep it pristine.  I welcome a much cheaper M4 clone to beat on, train with, and store (cruiser ready) under my bed and not worry about it!  There will be no separation anxiety!!!  I'll pay the $500 for the peace of mind and even welcome the xtra training time/reps dealing w/ malfunction-clearing...just sayin'    

• 7 months later...

This is my experience with the Panzer Arms M4. I took it down and removed all of the factory oil and properly lubed it. I had to ally heat to the mag tube extension to break the white thread locking compound.  My first time at the range I tried a bulk Federal target load with #8 shot. Cycling was hit and miss. The fired hull ejected but the bolt didn't pick up another shell with the bolt remaining 2/3 open.  I also tried some reloaded game ammo with #5 shot and some Federal LE low recoil buckshot. I had no failures to load or eject. I took it home and cleaned it. I bought a Dave's Metal Works seven shot magazine. I used the OEM magazine spring because the one that came with the mag tube was too long. I also installed a Benelli "standard" stock. The OEM pistol grip stock made the gun kick like a mule due to poor design.  My second time at the range I zeroed the sights with the Fed LE buckshot and shot some slugs. No failures to feed or eject. I had to use heat to remove the gas plugs. I installed Benelli O-rings after cleaning the gas system. My third trip to the range I zeroed it with Hornady Critical Defense buckshot. I had to problems with feeding or ejection. Yesterday I shot Federal 2 3/4" magnum buckshot, Federal LE Low recoil buckshot, and slugs trying different chokes. I got the best results overall with a skeet choke tube.  I plan to install an extended carrier/lifter. 
Do I believe it equal to a Benelli M4? No. Do I trust it? Yes. If I plan to use Federal LE buckshot, I will get some full power shells. The Federal buckshot is better IMHO but the Hornady will work. My Remington 870 and 1100 with 20" barrels with cylinder Remchokes shoot the Federal LE buckshot far tighter patterns than the M4. YMMV

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 4:19 PM, Freelancer99 said:

My bad, I thought I was enjoying the Benelli Forum, not the cheap knock-off forum.

Panzer had the choice to create something unique (like Benelli did with the M4), but decided to take the easy way out and cash in on a proven entity. At least it looks just like a Benelli!

Snobs? Benelli Social Status??? Really, what is this, high school? 

No, mature adults don't feel threatened they are just fans of the platform.

You know with that frame of mind all Ithica shotguns and all Krieghoff shotguns(which make your beloved Benelli look like a pack of gum) are POS knockoffs of classic Remington firearms, they had a chance to make something original like Remington did but decided to make a clone. Just let people think your dumb, dont open your mouth and remove doubt

Edited by Blump

1 hour ago, Blump said:

You know with that frame of mind all Ithica shotguns and all Krieghoff shotguns(which make your beloved Benelli look like a pack of gum) are POS knockoffs of classic Remington firearms, they had a chance to make something original like Remington did but decided to make a clone. Just let people think your dumb, dont open your mouth and remove doubt

Krieghoff shotguns = cheap Turk knockoffs.

Got it.

Edited by Varangian