M4 Magazine Tube Titanium option

DigCowboy

I have been lurking and learned a lot since purchasing my M4 a few months ago. Today I installed one of SOCOMguy’s (of this forum) 7 round mag tube today. When I first got a hold of him he had several black ready to roll out the door. I wanted to match my Titanium Cerakote, so he had a custom coating done and the color match is PERFECT. I just wanted to post a few pics so anyone looking at their options can see what it looks like installed.

The install went smooth, thanks to being prepped with information found here. I also added the FFT forends and follower for 922R compliance. I think it took longer to get the FFT forends on than to change the magazine tube (about 20 min.). Then thanks to the instructions on FFT's site, I put the forward ends of the forends in first and installation then went smooth. I think they should put the install tip in the bag with the parts !

Me low.jpg

M4 lean low.jpg

closeup low.jpg

Edited by DigCowboy
correct typo
  • Upvote 6

Looks good! Joe is a great guy. I ordered a tube from him and it is really nice. I ordered a heat gun to assist with the removal of factory tube, but read somewhere a blow dryer did the same thing so I gave it a shot and 15 min later it was off and new one was on. Needless to say in my case, didn't need the specialty heat gun.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So glad I saw this post. I got mine about a week ago and WOOOOOW. The match is incredible and it is just great quality. I can t imagine find a better tube than this one. It has to be very hard to get a perfect match on these tubes but I can t imagine the H20 ones getting much better. I am thoroughly impressed with the H20 one I got.  

20210322_171604.jpg

20210322_171559.jpg

On 3/28/2021 at 2:07 PM, Jaason0 said:

So glad I saw this post. I got mine about a week ago and WOOOOOW. The match is incredible and it is just great quality. I can t imagine find a better tube than this one. It has to be very hard to get a perfect match on these tubes but I can t imagine the H20 ones getting much better. I am thoroughly impressed with the H20 one I got.  

20210322_171604.jpg

20210322_171559.jpg

You the guy on eBay trying to more then double up on one of socomguys mag tubes you paided 150 for .Funny in ad don’t know who made it 

A5E76BFA-AAD2-4EF2-9F28-0023198ED0BB.png

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SOCOMguy said:

Definitely one of my tubes.  I have a small shop operation, limited quantity, high quality. Helping a few guys on this forum with reasonable price tube is good .... enriching a shady third party, not good!

Joe 

Ya it’s ashame.You try and help people out with a great product and great price .And someone makes money off your work And it’s not like he just sold one on eBay .multiple ones 

Edited by rubicon20032003
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another ? for Joe (SOCOMguy). I bought one his 7rd tubes and it matched the black perfectly. 

And his communication and customer service are second to none. He was even willing to fix a mistake I made when installing the tube. Let’s just say I shouldn’t ate that popcorn! Luckily he walked me through the steps to correct and I couldn’t be happier!

Great price, great product! 2504DBDE-6D6E-49D4-BCB1-59AACE436AA0.thumb.jpeg.2843ddcece3ced197e7b4f1cce499477.jpeg

Thanks, Garza

• Upvote 1

On 3/29/2021 at 11:42 AM, RJHUB said:

How much are they(H2O)?  I sent an email and waiting on reply.

Are you using oriiginal spring with his tube?

Thanks,

Russ

Joe actually recommends using the existing 5rd spring, which I did. I ran about 100 rds so far with the 5rd spring in the 7rd tube, and no failures. 

Thanks, Garza