My M4 - My Plan

Heynowwwww

Hello,

I'm new here. 

I have a new M4 and here's my plan.  

It seems you have to be patient in terms of finding parts and waiting for delivery.  

Carrier Comp Tube, Spring, Follower - On order - ETA April!!

Benelli Collapsible Stock - On Order - Benelliparts.net - ETA 90 days!!

A&S Trigger w/o logo - Received

A&S Safety Spring - Received

Scalarworks Sync Mount and Trijicom RM06 Package - Received and Installed

FFT Trigger Pack and Wolff Trigger Springs - Ordered - ETA 30 days

FFT Worry Free Extended Carrier - Ordered

Dave's Metal Works Oversized Safety - Received

Dave's Metal Works Speedbar - Received

May add a light later.  Probably need a sling.

Have a nice day,

Rick

Heynow- Dude!  You are well on your way.  Guessing you've been scouring this forum for recommended M4 accoutrements and builds.  If so, nice work. 

The Dave's Metal Works speedbar works just great.  Though, everytime you disassemble the gun for cleaning you'll hear that familiar cling-clang of Dave's "Redneck Tactical" speedbar falling on the floor.  Same with reassembly, "Oh shit, I forgot to put the speedbar in".  It does work very well though and at a fraction of the cost of GG&G.  I had one on my M4 for a few years but finally "upgraded" to a GG&G shell stop/bolt release combo.  They are pre drilled and ready to go..., when they are in-stock that is, a key condition there.

You'll like the Dave's MW safety in combo with the A&S safety spring.  The way A&S trigger housing allows for the safety and spring install is nice and easy.  Some have notice the pressure to disengage the safety is possibly too light.  My jury is still out, but I have noticed just handling the gun and resting it on my knees, lap, whatever, has disengaged the safety.  Something to look for.

You are on your way!

12 minutes ago, Birdog19 said:

Heynow- Dude!  You are well on your way.  Guessing you've been scouring this forum for recommended M4 accoutrements and builds.  If so, nice work. 

The Dave's Metal Works speedbar works just great.  Though, everytime you disassemble the gun for cleaning you'll hear that familiar cling-clang of Dave's "Redneck Tactical" speedbar falling on the floor.  Same with reassembly, "Oh shit, I forgot to put the speedbar in".  It does work very well though and at a fraction of the cost of GG&G.  I had one on my M4 for a few years but finally "upgraded" to a GG&G shell stop/bolt release combo.  They are pre drilled and ready to go..., when they are in-stock that is, a key condition there.

You'll like the Dave's MW safety in combo with the A&S safety spring.  The way A&S trigger housing allows for the safety and spring install is nice and easy.  Some have notice the pressure to disengage the safety is possibly too light.  My jury is still out, but I have noticed just handling the gun and resting it on my knees, lap, whatever, has disengaged the safety.  Something to look for.

You are on your way!

Thank you sir.  Yes, I've been reading a lot and getting great ideas from this forum.  

• 2 weeks later...