Choke question (Turkey)

Waz

Hi everyone! I recently purchased a SBE with a steady grip and a 24 in barrel. Im having a heck of a time getting a good pattern! Anyone out there help me? Ive tried quite a few chokes, the best so far is the Rhino choke in .660 dia. Any help would be appreciated!

Originally posted by Waz:

Hi everyone! I recently purchased a SBE with a steady grip and a 24 in barrel. Im having a heck of a time getting a good pattern! Anyone out there help me? Ive tried quite a few chokes, the best so far is the Rhino choke in .660 dia. Any help would be appreciated!

I use a Rhino .673 choke in my SBE w/ a 24" barrell. Awesome results with Nitro H521 hevishot in 4x5x7.

CK

Get your hands on one of the new Primos Jellyhead turkey tubes and I think you will be very happy.

The key to patterning any choke and gun combo is to shoot at a large piece of cardboard aiming at the center of a 30" circle.

I was having trouble with everyting I tried with my SBE until a friend help me with this little tip. My gun was consistently shooting low and right 6" but with a heckuva pattern. I resolved this with a set of high quality machined metal fully adjustable rifle sights made by Tru-Glo.

Don't make the mistake of determining the effectiveness of a gun/choke match up by shooting at those tiny turkey targets. that is more for sighting in your gun after you have actually patterned you gun/choke/shot combo.

Just my opinion.

Originally posted by deercamp:

oh yea almost forgot

i have my gun patterned with #6 hevi-shot.

i feel safe jellyheading ole tom out to about 50 yards with this setup.

Thanks the advice. I actually shot the jellyhead and am most pleased with that choke. Ill try what you said with the 30in circle, it makes sense! THANKS AGAIN!