Assemble stock on 11703

CTDLG

I took off the stock in my first cleaning. Plenty of videos are out there. The stock is “screwed” onto the recoil spring housing tube. There’re metal threads on the tube but the interior of the stock doesn’t have matching threads. I guess the channel in the stock is tapered. It’s a clever design. The connection is tight and doesn’t need the precision that metal threads need to align/stop the stock.

I ran into two problems when putting the stock back on. First, I overturned 1/4 turn and couldn’t turn back. I clamped the stock between my thighs and loosen it. Second, the stock always felt a little off: the joint lines on both sides didn’t feel even. It took me a few days to figure out the fix: fine tune the stock after the trigger frame is put back. The rear of the trigger frame is inserted to a slot in the stock. It acts as rotation stop too. Center the stock along that. You only can feel the little room. This probably doesn’t matter in shooting. It just makes me feel good.