3-GunGear shell carrier opinions???

nickdrak

Gents,

Anyone here have experience with the "3 GunGear" side saddle shell carriers? More specifically, are they up to the task on a duty shotgun? I will be mounting it (6 shell receiver mounted version) on a friends Benelli M1 S90 so I would like to keep things as light as possible. Im assuming since they appear to be made from elastic material that they are lighter than the TacStar plastic side saddles.

3-GunGear shell carriers

If they are up to the task, where might I find them for sale other than directly from the manufacturer?

[ 10-03-2006, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: nickdrak ]

around here man everyone is sold on the Mesa tactical shell holder... I really do not see how you can get any better than that! just don't put one of those junk plastic ones on your buddies shotty man. I'm hereby making it a man law that a guy can't install crappy shell holders on buddies shotguns!

[ 10-03-2006, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: wingbone ]

Originally posted by wingbone:

around here man everyone is sold on the Mesa tactical shell holder... I really do not see how you can get any better than that! just don't put one of those junk plastic ones on your buddies shotty man. I'm hereby making it a man law that a guy can't install crapy shell holders on buddies shotguns!

I wont be switching out MY own Mesa Tactical for one of the 3-GunGear carriers. I am currently setting up a friends M1 and doesnt need the rail, and doesnt want to have his drilled & tapped to accept the Mesa. I figure the 3-GunGear is the next best option since it should be lighter then the TacStar plastic side saddle.