Tech Question - M4 Firing Pin Retaining Pin O-ring Fit

Jimrod1969

Hello, I’m new to the Benelli M4 and picked up new shotgun today. I did a field strip of the bolt carrier assy and when reassembling, found the firing pin retaining pin o-ring was in hard contact with the carrier body when fully seated. So much so, that the o-ring is significantly deflected and probably will cut in time. I think the design intended there to be light contact to keep the pin in place but this seems excessive. Pics attached. Please let me know if this is per design or if there is something wrong. Thanks!

9FD56716-2B90-45CD-BA5E-300850B99107.jpeg

6333E8D5-CC94-4CBF-9652-D80A344627CB.jpeg

The two I have here look pretty much the same. I got my son in law to look at the one I loaned him and he says it's the same too.

Considering the only thing holding it in is the friction of the O ring, I'd rather have more contact than less.

Regardless, it's a cheap, consumable part, that you'll rarely remove unless you do a detailed strip more than is necessary.

Enjoy that new gun and going broke buying the parts to modify it to your personal preference ?.