Engraving

SJPotter31

Thanks guys! 

As the engraver said, "The flag is always moving forward to battle, never retreating."

I got it done at 2A Engraving in Epping, NH. It was a 15 minute drive for me, so I brought the whole gun in and removed the barrel to lighten it up. I was able to watch the entire process. I wanted a "battle worn look" American flag, which he had this template on his computer. He made sure I was happy with the size and used a micrometer to measure the edges to be square. Then the laser did its work. The whole process took about 20 minutes and cost $75. I couldn't be happier with the result. 

The owner, Tony, is a veteran and he also works managing some manufacturing for Aero Precision at their facility in NH. He has some excellent experience and connections, especially in the AR world. 

I was considering adding the NH silhouette with Live Free or Die on the other side. He recommended holding off on it and contemplating that more, as it could look too busy. He could have easily done it and charged me $150 for both, but he wanted to make sure I was confident with engraving both sides. He said he was more of a minimalist at heart, which I am now appreciating his recommendation. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SJPotter31 said:

Thanks guys! 

As the engraver said, "The flag is always moving forward to battle, never retreating."

That reminds me of a friend of mine who tried to explain that to a young woman who was incorrectly sporting a flag on her sleeve. She had absolutely no clue what he was trying to say to her. I think she became offended. 

3 minutes ago, JT111 said:

That reminds me of a friend of mine who tried to explain that to a young woman who was incorrectly sporting a flag on her sleeve. She had absolutely no clue what he was trying to say to her. I think she became offended. 

I have been asked many times why my flag is "backwards" on my uniform! Of course I stop and explain. There have been times that after I explain it, was called a war monger. Some people!

• Upvote 2