Scalarworks Mount Options: Sync vs. Leap

Heynowwwww

Hello,

I currently have the sync mount with a RMR red dot on my M4.  It looks great and seems a very popular choice on this forum.  

I was recently looking at the Leap mount and was wondering if anyone went that route.  

it definitely sits higher on the gun but the mount and red dot can easily be removed and installed on another gun.  

Thoughts please.  Thanks. 

2400D0C5-C482-4642-9B89-A601CD99B08E.jpeg

Yes height over bore is the issue.  What stock you run (i.e. c-stock in middle position, field stock/pg stock, or Mesa adjustable riser) makes all the difference.  I personally run a c-stock in the middle position which dictates the need for a slightly higher over bore line of sight than the irons.

4 minutes ago, calviroman said:

Yes height over bore is the issue.  What stock you run (i.e. c-stock in middle position, field stock/pg stock, or Mesa adjustable riser) makes all the difference.  I personally run a c-stock in the middle position which dictates the need for a slightly higher over bore line of sight than the irons.

C-Stock sir.  

C-stock (in middle position) does work well with a bit higher higher over bore.  The LEAP mounts in 1.42" size should work prettt well, especially for RDS that don't have significant additional height in their chassis.  i.e. Aimpoint Micro being an example of a "low" RDS.

I used to run an Aimpoint micro in a LaRue QD low mount on the top rail and found it was a bit too low (height over bore) for the C-stock in the middle position.  Now running a different RDS which has a few more millimeters of height (line of sight over bore) and it works great for me.

All that said, the SYNC mount looks the cleanest and is ideal if you're running any of the OEM stock options in the fully extended position.

1 hour ago, StrangerDanger said:

Benelliwerks runs his M4’s fully collapsed and has a regular height optic like the Leap. It never felt comfortable to me, but it may work for you. 

A Leap would be much too high for me in middle or fully extended position. 

I would love to see a picture of Benelliwerks's set up.  I searched but couldn't find.  I think I'm ordering the mount to give it a shot.  Thanks