New to Benelli and bought a M4. The receiver looks blue? This this a issue or no prob?

Jaason0

You can call Benelli and they’ll give you a pretty accurate time frame. Also you an pull the buttpad and on the inside of it will be one of those molding date stamp circles that will give you an approximate date. 

The best thing going for getting a collapsible stock is to get on benellipart’s preorder. I’m not sure if they’re taking more orders right now or not. You can buy one on gunbroker, but you aren’t going to like the price. They’re like a grand there. You’d be better off buying another complete M1014 edition and taking the stock from it. Put your fixed stock onto the M1014 and resell it to recoup your cash. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

The best thing going for getting a collapsible stock is to get on benellipart’s preorder. I’m not sure if they’re taking more orders right now or not. You can buy one on gunbroker, but you aren’t going to like the price. They’re like a grand there. You’d be better off buying another complete M1014 edition and taking the stock from it. Put your fixed stock onto the M1014 and resell it to recoup your cash. 

You know A few weeks ago I thought this was a creative idea, But after watching this market I think hacking up a shotgun to get an adjustable stock Illustrates how bad this market really is right now.

hahah

1st - the blue is sexy but also wtf. 2000 dollar product, they should have their shit together on black being black, if bicycle companies can do it with bike parts, how do you mess up this bad?!?

2nd - when did these newer m1014s start getting offered? was there a law that changed or something? wasnt there a bunch of hullabaloo about them being sold with collapsible stocks to begin with? furthermore...do these m1014s have heavier barrels than the m4s and are they "integrated" choke or still threaded?

12 minutes ago, Fett Tracking said:

hahah

1st - the blue is sexy but also wtf. 2000 dollar product, they should have their shit together on black being black, if bicycle companies can do it with bike parts, how do you mess up this bad?!?

2nd - when did these newer m1014s start getting offered? was there a law that changed or something? wasnt there a bunch of hullabaloo about them being sold with collapsible stocks to begin with? furthermore...do these m1014s have heavier barrels than the m4s and are they "integrated" choke or still threaded?

A few years back Benelli did the M1014 series again. These aren't limited to 2500 like the original run. They still have the neutered receiver extension so the collapsible stock doesn't function on it. The extension can be swapped out to return function. The M1014 has a barrel that doesn't have a removable choke. The newer production has the seat ring at the base of the barrel that butts up against the receiver unlike the original run. There is some geometry differences on the barrel extension that inserts into the receiver. The wing at the very end is enlarged. Several parts have been refinished differently such as the ARGO plugs now have a chrome like finish instead of the phosphate. The new production models also have the crappy polymer trigger frame.

jesus christ, why plastic trigger guard? tell me the new 11707 i just bought wont come like this?

why would they mess with anything else, this makes some stuff incompatible between the new 1014 and m4s then right? are any of these thing issues between new and old m4s? this is dizzying.

Edited by Fett Tracking

5 hours ago, Fett Tracking said:

jesus christ, why plastic trigger guard? tell me the new 11707 i just bought wont come like this?

why would they mess with anything else, this makes some stuff incompatible between the new 1014 and m4s then right? are any of these thing issues between new and old m4s? this is dizzying.

Yeah your 11707 will have the plastic trigger guard, mine did anyway. You can always upgrade to the A&S trigger guard that I plan to do with the Briley trigger group, that most people do. As far as compatibles between M4 models, not really sure.

Edited by ButchP

If it’s a newer production 11707, it’ll likely have the plastic trigger pack. A lot of people replace them with the aluminum A&S frame. Most of the other parts will fit together. The only real compatibility issue is the handguards need tweaked if they were for the original M1014. There is a slight relief where the barrel seat ring is. 

i hate to say it but im actually having buyers remorse. i just spent an about 700 more on a new 11707 than on my first one to get a plastic trigger guard and lower quality control? why is there not uproar about this here and all over the net? why is benelli putting out dogshit now? does anybody make good guns these days?

To be honest, the oem aluminum cast frames weren’t very good either. They had poor quality control and had a lot of impurities and bubbles in the cast molds. When I’d send them for Np3 plating, many would look like Swiss cheese with hundreds of pits. 

The A&S frames have been a huge step up in terms of functional quality and appearance. 

I got my first M4 for 1300 bucks in 2004. They go for a lot more now. I’d say the newer production units are better than the old ones. I had so many issues with my first one that it went back to Benelli twice. I broke pistons, I beat the bolt carrier to the point that it was mushroomed around where the pistons hit. It came with that lame neutered receiver extension even though it had a fixed stock. About the only thing left from the original is the receiver. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is my first shotgun and I wanted to get one like my friends. He always talks about how amazing his is so I bought one. First thing is the black is actually blue, next my trigger guard is plastic. I paid 2100 for it and i am just so frustrated. I m just disappointed. Maybe I am wrong but seems they were making a close copy to the military version noy the civilian version is getting lesser quality than before........am i wrong?

7 hours ago, Jaason0 said:

This is my first shotgun and I wanted to get one like my friends. He always talks about how amazing his is so I bought one. First thing is the black is actually blue, next my trigger guard is plastic. I paid 2100 for it and i am just so frustrated. I m just disappointed. Maybe I am wrong but seems they were making a close copy to the military version noy the civilian version is getting lesser quality than before........am i wrong?

New production military M4’s will also get the polymer trigger frame. The A&S Engineering one is a solid replacement. They copied the oem aluminum frame mostly so it doesn’t have that stupid blocking that cover the hammer. 

Jaason0, I am f**king BITTER too man! I just went to the FFL today and not only is my new 11707 blue, and has a plastic trigger guard but its also in the box disassembled. I guess they don't ship them assembled anymore. The first two things are a serious issue, the fact that I have to put it together just makes it feel like those Italian bastards are over there laughing at me for spending 2 grand + on their garbage. How could Benelli possibly miss this? Like, oh well blue is close enough to black...ship it anyways WTF?!?!?! This is unacceptable. How is there not outrage or a recall??