New to Benelli and bought a M4. The receiver looks blue? This this a issue or no prob?

Jaason0

When I was working at a gun shop a long time ago 10+ year I remembered our benelli tactical guns coming assembled already, but again my memory might be getting the best of me. I dont remember if we were a dealer or just a distributor.

I actually like the look of the blue. My problem is that I did not order a blue gun and I cant understand how ordering a black gun and getting a blue one should be ok on any level. It shows a huge quality control issue and an even bigger customer service issue. How much do you have to hate your customers to be all "oh well ship it anyways" ?!?! Are they being made in China or what? If you ordered a trijicon acog or aimpoint micro in black and got blue wouldn't you question the product if it showed up in a color they dont offer? This is a 2300 dollar gun. This is super disgusting from a customer standpoint. Not to mention the rear sight is slightly crooked. WTF!

3 hours ago, Fett Tracking said:

When I was working at a gun shop a long time ago 10+ year I remembered our benelli tactical guns coming assembled already, but again my memory might be getting the best of me. I dont remember if we were a dealer or just a distributor.

I actually like the look of the blue. My problem is that I did not order a blue gun and I cant understand how ordering a black gun and getting a blue one should be ok on any level. It shows a huge quality control issue and an even bigger customer service issue. How much do you have to hate your customers to be all "oh well ship it anyways" ?!?! Are they being made in China or what? If you ordered a trijicon acog or aimpoint micro in black and got blue wouldn't you question the product if it showed up in a color they dont offer? This is a 2300 dollar gun. This is super disgusting from a customer standpoint. Not to mention the rear sight is slightly crooked. WTF!

Sell it and buy a Tristar??because it's obvious your not going to be happy with the finest combat shotgun ever built.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

thanks for proving you cant read butch. its super helpful to get catty responses when the factory is shipping out garbage. are you a 14 year old girl? ive been on this forum for a decade +     ive probably had my first 11707 for longer than youve been able to legally buy guns.

serious benelli guys...what is up with the factory. i talked to the dealer i got it from he said the whole batch was blue and they are waiting on word back from benelli. the finest combat shotgun ever built left the factory with a crooked rear sight. thats pathetic. who here has dealt with these issues, or had to work with benelli recently? anybody know a good rep or point of contact to reach out to?

You know I guess i am more irritated that I ordered black and got blue. Kinda like buying a hamburger but getting a taco lol. When you pay 2k for a shotgun I would expect them to put that in the description. Some people will love it but others will hate it. Just seems strange to me. Mine is a 2020 and I ve seen several other 2020 that were blue. This morning I saw a 2020 that was solid black.........how can their be this much discrepancy? I  ll get use to the blue it is just surprising and unexpected. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fett Tracking said:

thanks for proving you cant read butch. its super helpful to get catty responses when the factory is shipping out garbage. are you a 14 year old girl? ive been on this forum for a decade +     ive probably had my first 11707 for longer than youve been able to legally buy guns.

serious benelli guys...what is up with the factory. i talked to the dealer i got it from he said the whole batch was blue and they are waiting on word back from benelli. the finest combat shotgun ever built left the factory with a crooked rear sight. thats pathetic. who here has dealt with these issues, or had to work with benelli recently? anybody know a good rep or point of contact to reach out to?

Actually I can read, 34 years in the Army I was forced to learn. What I have learned in reading your post is that you have done nothing but bash Benelli because variances in receiver finishes, trigger group housing, canted sites, blah blah blah. 

Simple! Contact CS of your dissatisfaction and go from there. As far as my age, you can do the math and get an estimate based off my time of service. And what does gender have to do with anything? You probably have had your 11707 longer if it really makes a difference, but I'm pretty certain I was buying legally purchased firearms long before you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye. 

• Like 1

military service is irrelevant here unless you worked with this shotgun during that time, just showing you have nothing to contribute to this thread so go troll elsewhere.

its sad to not only see benelli has gone downhill but these forums are not helping a recent purchaser with a good point of contact or anything. its a little weird nobody has said something like "call mark over at cs in delaware" or something to that extent. im gonna blindly call the website numbers and since nobody here seems to care much about interacting with the manufacturer or the supply chain coming from italy i guess theres no reason for you guys to keep reading this thread since a few of you have not been helpful at all. 

you should really think about that...the fact that you are typing words into a keyboard where a recent (god forbid, new) purchaser is asking for help and advice and the majority of the replies have just been about the color looking cool or telling me to stfu or talking about irrelevant stuff that has nothing to do with this company shipping our country sub standard equipment. thats sad and it reflects poorly upon the forums and benelli owners in general. thank you sd, jason - ill keep pm'ing with you since we are in the same boat here.

• Downvote 1

Well, i m not looking for sympathy. I am new to benelli and never had or shot any of there guns before. I orginially ask the question cause I didn t know if my M4 was messed up. When u order black and get blue I figured anyone new to a gun would be wondering WTH. I do appreciate the help and the info. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Fett Tracking said:

military service is irrelevant here unless you worked with this shotgun during that time, just showing you have nothing to contribute to this thread so go troll elsewhere.

its sad to not only see benelli has gone downhill but these forums are not helping a recent purchaser with a good point of contact or anything. its a little weird nobody has said something like "call mark over at cs in delaware" or something to that extent. im gonna blindly call the website numbers and since nobody here seems to care much about interacting with the manufacturer or the supply chain coming from italy i guess theres no reason for you guys to keep reading this thread since a few of you have not been helpful at all. 

you should really think about that...the fact that you are typing words into a keyboard where a recent (god forbid, new) purchaser is asking for help and advice and the majority of the replies have just been about the color looking cool or telling me to stfu or talking about irrelevant stuff that has nothing to do with this company shipping our country sub standard equipment. thats sad and it reflects poorly upon the forums and benelli owners in general. thank you sd, jason - ill keep pm'ing with you since we are in the same boat here.

Wow..........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaason0 said:

Well, i m not looking for sympathy. I am new to benelli and never had or shot any of there guns before. I orginially ask the question cause I didn t know if my M4 was messed up. When u order black and get blue I figured anyone new to a gun would be wondering WTH. I do appreciate the help and the info. 

I wouldn’t trade my BLUE m1014 for a black one

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Greetings to the forum members involved in this discussion regarding the M4. BenelliUSA would like to provide some information regarding the comments in this thread to help in the overall understanding, and assist as needed to ensure all of our customers are satisfied with our products. 

We are aware of some coloration variance on M4’s, like the one pictured in this thread. The finish on the M4 receiver is a Hard Anodizing process, per the USMC specification. This finish is stronger than standard anodizing, and this strength provides a product which is less likely to scratch or corrode. However, this process inherently has a higher degree of color drift than standard anodizing. While we do have quality standards in place to reduce the variance, it is impossible to eliminate it. We have found, as some mention in this thread, that some customers actually prefer this coloration. If someone is not happy with one of our products, our fantastic customer service team is committed to finding agreeable solutions.

There also appears to be some comments regarding the trigger guard material. All current M4’s, in all variations such as the M1014, Law Enforcement, and Military versions use a high strength techno-polymer trigger guard. This was a product update which occurred in 2014 as a quality improvement. The polymer trigger guards have a near zero failure rate, and we are very confident in their performance.

We hope this helps your conversation, and ask that if you’d like to speak with someone directly feel free to call us at  800 264-4962, or use this link to email our customer service team. https://www.benelliusa.com/support/contact-us

10 hours ago, Admin said:

Greetings to the forum members involved in this discussion regarding the M4. BenelliUSA would like to provide some information regarding the comments in this thread to help in the overall understanding, and assist as needed to ensure all of our customers are satisfied with our products. 

We are aware of some coloration variance on M4’s, like the one pictured in this thread. The finish on the M4 receiver is a Hard Anodizing process, per the USMC specification. This finish is stronger than standard anodizing, and this strength provides a product which is less likely to scratch or corrode. However, this process inherently has a higher degree of color drift than standard anodizing. While we do have quality standards in place to reduce the variance, it is impossible to eliminate it. We have found, as some mention in this thread, that some customers actually prefer this coloration. If someone is not happy with one of our products, our fantastic customer service team is committed to finding agreeable solutions.

There also appears to be some comments regarding the trigger guard material. All current M4’s, in all variations such as the M1014, Law Enforcement, and Military versions use a high strength techno-polymer trigger guard. This was a product update which occurred in 2014 as a quality improvement. The polymer trigger guards have a near zero failure rate, and we are very confident in their performance.

We hope this helps your conversation, and ask that if you’d like to speak with someone directly feel free to call us at  800 264-4962, or use this link to email our customer service team. https://www.benelliusa.com/support/contact-us

Benelli Customer Service is fantastic!

• Upvote 1

I guess I am in the minority when it comes to the newer blue receiver color variation against the overall-black theme of the M4, no offense just me. I understand the hard anodizing process of the receiver being stronger vs. standard anodizing, while inherently having a higher degree of color drift and.. “we do have quality standards in place to reduce the variance”.  However, somehow for years Benelli was able to manufacture thousands of M4’s with a more consistent black receiver(albeit marginal color variance) of which I have owned 3 personally. Unless of course the hard-anodizing process has recently changed/been upgraded altogether by Benelli.  In either case, it would seem rather simple to indicate/fully disclose in advance to Benelli dealers and customers who are ordering the M4 that the receiver has a well known color variance to effectively establish expectations & eliminate surprise upon delivery.  There are numerous new M4 owners asking..”is my receiver supposed to be this blueish color”??

Lol Stranger!!..green hue from extra virgin olive oil on technician’s hands after lunch break...BRILLIANT!! 

Side question: anyone have experience with running an Armageddon Gear or Rifles Only carbine sling on their Benelli or AR platforms?? Have some friends who run these on their precision rigs & swear by them. Both companies offer carbine slings without the precision rifle arm-cuff. They have a small area of built-in bungee for the neck area & have insanely-fast adjustment pull. Own & love the Armageddon Gear shooting bags/rests, Game Changer line is excellent.