Mounting a Cloud Defense REIN to a Benelli M4 H20

MJSTEIN0753

MJ -

I did a search for REIN and see you've been chatting this up for a while.  If you purchased the pic rail piece with the IWC, then I'd think installation would be easy on either side of the IWC mount.  Remember, the screw holes in the pic rail from IWC are not along the centerline of the rail, so it can be installed "upside down" if you will, to slightly raise or lower the rail and thus your light.  If you purchased the remote light switch as well, the only thing I can think of is to get another pic rail from IWC and mount it on the opposite side of the light for the remote switch.  This will force your support hand all the way forward on the foregrips in order to get a thumb on the switch buttons.  I take that back, the IWC pic rail is not much more than an inch long with only 2 rail slots, I don't think that will be substantial enough to mount the CD switch which is pretty beefy and 2 3/4" long.  Maybe an aftermarket pic rail would work, dunno.  If you don't get any solid ideas here, I'd give IWC a call and tell them what you are trying to do.  They can be helpful!  I do like the idea of both a remote switch and tail cap switch as they support light activation while shooting from either shoulder.

Other options is to get rid of the OEM grips and get a Briley or HAYL Rail or Agency Arms system.  All those are M-Lock and CD is Pic rail, so you'll still have challenges but easily overcome.

I look forward to your adventure!

• Like 1

Unobanium mocked one up a while ago on an IWC mount.

I have never handled one to see how the foot attaches to the IWC, but it appears the pattern matches the Scout Light spacing? If I had to guess, their picatinny rail can be removed from the body kind of like a Scout light. It doesn’t appear that there is any interference from the tailcap on Unobtainium’s mock up.

image.jpeg.097ab17c4877f3acef819da309721c70.jpeg

C6B2E786-F998-4439-93EB-505496C92C27.webp

The mounting solution for the Hayle sucks. It needs set screws to keep it from wiggling. Some users have made it fit better by using RTV at the contact points. 

I have never handled a Briley rail. But it seems it mounts up solid since the original release. If going that route I’d get the 13” model to push the light as far forward as possible to minimize barrel shadowing. Then route the switch back to something Unity Tactical makes for a pressure switch.  Assuming you can find one in stock. 

• Like 1

MJ -

I agree with Stranger about mounting the light -- it shouldn't be too difficult.  The CL remote switch posses the biggest challenge with the OEM grips IMO.  Did you get the switch as well?  You might bug Unobtanium for an update and discuss the mounting solutions SD mentioned above.

Regarding foregrips, I'd do a search on this sight for all 3 mentioned in my previous post (adding Truckee system as well).  There has been good discussion on the pros and cons of each.  As I recall, I think folks are pretty happy with the Briley solution.

• 3 weeks later...

To follow up on the initial question, were you (or anyone else) able to mount the REIN light (either full-size or micro) directly on the IWC mount?  I’m assuming that, if the answer is yes, there is an easy way to remove the included Picatinny mount and attach directly to the Scout screw holes on the IWC mount...right?