Thinking about getting a A&S trigger guard. What do you guys think about them?

Jaason0

My stock polymer housing functioned fine. I bought the A&S for my own silly reason. It bothered me that it was the only polymer piece aside from the stock and foregrip which are never aluminum/steel. My stock trigger group swapped over easily and functions as it should with no tweaking. 

I can see how the shell guide can be viewed as gimmicky but I find it quite helpful. My only real comparison for shotguns is the 870 I’ve used for 25 years at work. I can load that quickly and easily without thinking through the steps. On my M4 I was sort of bouncing shells off the stock trigger guard when trying to load quickly. It may be the slight change in the contour of the guard more than the guide itself. Or it may just be my ham hands and resistance to change. 

I don’t know if the change is worth the money for everyone but it was for me. 

Edited by Shekkie
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ButchP said:

I agree, its a good good looking part and now I'm on the fence about sending it to Briley for their FCG. Just don't know if I can live with a gold trigger.

Yeah that is crazy. Make a bad ass product , then screw it up with a gold trigger LOL

1 hour ago, ButchP said:

I agree, its a good good looking part and now I'm on the fence about sending it to Briley for their FCG. Just don't know if I can live with a gold trigger.

I ll bet it is nice, I just hate gold triggers. Don t know why companies don t keep it more stock color

4 hours ago, Gmcrigger2007 said:

Will the Trigger shoe fit other triggers ? Or is  it only designed for The Briley Triggers ?

They have shoes for their trigger and non Briley triggers on their web site. I do not know much about them though.

20 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

If you have a guy who does Cerakote, you can have the visible area of the trigger painted to cover up the bling.

Q8TRqqG.jpg

I like it! I will have to call Briley and see if they will do it or have it done, since they fit the trigger pack. I'm not all about tearing it back down.

Might be able to plastidip it yourself as well. Was toying with the idea as a cheap and completely reversible option. 

It's not hard to disassemble to get cerakote or professionally painted. Main thing is to let Briley get all the parts installed and function tested to ensure QA/tolerances of parts are solid. Assembly and disassembly afterwards can easily be performed.

Edited by aznwhip