M3 scope mount

Lance m3

I am new here. I apologize in advance if this has been covered. I searched without finding.  I have a newer version m3. There are little bumps where the screws should go for a mount. Some places say they are  drilled some say they are not. Does anyone actually know. Thankyou

those bumps should be plastic or rubber inserts. I have a newer m3 as well and they are drilled and taped under the inserts.  I found it easiest to take apart the gun and use a small piece of plastic or wood to push them out from the inside...with the help of a flashlight

• 1 year later...

I own a pre-1997 Benelli M3 Super 90.  I intend to put a Red Dot Sight on it … old eyes … ;-).  Is there an after market Picatinny-type rail that will fit my gun?  It will require holes to be drilled and tapped in the receiver.  Is there also a ‘template’ available for the hole lay-out … or am I on my own.  Thanks for any info that may help guide my efforts.

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2022 at 2:46 PM, DBBrown said:

I own a pre-1997 Benelli M3 Super 90.  I intend to put a Red Dot Sight on it … old eyes … ;-).  Is there an after market Picatinny-type rail that will fit my gun?  It will require holes to be drilled and tapped in the receiver.  Is there also a ‘template’ available for the hole lay-out … or am I on my own.  Thanks for any info that may help guide my efforts.

I've drilled & tapped a receiver before. It was really easy. I used a set of calipers to measure and find the top, center of the receiver. I drew a line using a pencil. I used the Picatinny rail as the template. I used a center punch that fit the holes in the Picatinny rail perfectly so I knew the holes were centered. I drilled & threaded one hole first, installed a screw, lined the Picatinny rail up with the line, punch another hole and repeated the process until the job was done. Very simple to do and will save you a lot in comparison to having it done for you.