Got one of the old style Taran Tac charging Handle and it much much better

Jaason0

• Jaason0 changed the title to Got one of the old style Taran Tac charging Handle and it much much better

I recently ordered one of these from TTI. I was hoping they would send the new style like the top one in your picture. They sent me the old style. I ended up sending it back because it was rusty. Not sure why they mailed me the old style. I’ll just keep the stock one on since I don’t know if they would send me another old one. 

7 minutes ago, JT111 said:

I recently ordered one of these from TTI. I was hoping they would send the new style like the top one in your picture. They sent me the old style. I ended up sending it back because it was rusty. Not sure why they mailed me the old style. I’ll just keep the stock one on since I don’t know if they would send me another old one. 

When I ordered mine I put a message in the note field requesting the new version.  It worked. 

16 hours ago, JT111 said:

Yeah man i got the one on top first and it over shot the detent and would spin. The bottom one is awesome.  It doesn't spin and inserts like the stock one.  I even tried to over insert it but wouldn't.  Message Matthew.  He has been good to deal with. I would message them

6 hours ago, Jaason0 said:

Yeah man i got the one on top first and it over shot the detent and would spin. The bottom one is awesome.  It doesn't spin and inserts like the stock one.  I even tried to over insert it but wouldn't.  Message Matthew.  He has been good to deal with. I would message them

My understanding is the top one in the picture in your original post is the new and improved charging handle design. I’m surprised to hear you have better luck with the old design. As I read through this thread, you also said you like the new design a lot. I’m confused, but that’s ok. 

Edited by JT111
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, JT111 said:

My understanding is the top one in the picture in your original post is the new and improved charging handle design. I’m surprised to hear you have better luck with the old design. As I read through this thread, you also said you like the new design a lot. I’m confused, but that’s ok. 

Exactly what I was thinking.

1 minute ago, ButchP said:

Sorry for the confusion. I got the 1st one and like it a lot. I then realized that it could be pushed to far. It is very comfortable though. I sent them a email and told them that it could be over inserted . The sent an older style one and it was more like the stock handle. You insert and twist to lock it in place and reverse that process to remove. Both are really comfortable and perfect size for me. I am new to shotguns so my opinion might change a little the more i learn. I have noticed many handles will over insert also. I ve tried 2 others and they were made with the cutout going circular all way around. 

9 minutes ago, ButchP said:

Yeah i didn t know there were a new and old ones. It appears to me that the difference is the bottom. The newer one has the cut out ( area detent goes in ) that goes all the way around it. I think that prevents locking, allows for over insertion ( if pushed hard ), and spinning. But the old design has a singular indention that looks the size of a bb. I think that allows it to lock and avoid all the issues of the newer model. I don t understand why they would change that but it seem a lot of the newer handles have went to that design. I do believe either one would prob be fine but I like the features of the old one personally.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:58 PM, ButchP said:

The top one is the new style and is much better than the bottom one.

Maybe I have it reversed. I m just going by what they told me. What you are saying would make much more sense though. Heck maybe one of us were confused or heard it the wrong way. Thanks man I appreciate your input