Is wolf 12ga. slug ammo good ammo ?

Gmcrigger2007

On 3/13/2021 at 2:50 PM, Diesel79 said:

Locally I can find Federal, Winchester, Brenneke, and Remington.  That’s what my stash consists of and what I stick with. 

Pretty much what i usually use , but local shops don't have to much inventory lately. I  just try to replace what i use.

Wolf slugs are excellent.

Been shooting them for years out of M4s.  Never a failure of any kind.  But those were the made in Germany versions.

One hole at 50yds from a bench if you do your part.

New production is Russian and I have only fired a few of those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 12508 said:

Wolf slugs are excellent.

Been shooting them for years out of M4s.  Never a failure of any kind.  But those were the made in Germany versions.

One hole at 50yds from a bench if you do your part.

New production is Russian and I have only fired a few of those.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know they were originally a German product in the past. Were the boxes different from was is being sold today ?

5 hours ago, Gmcrigger2007 said:

Thanks for the info. I didn't know they were originally a German product in the past. Were the boxes different from was is being sold today ?

No.

I found the german slugs to be quite dirty (SB too) as far as leading in the barrel but no big deal.

Put a crap ton  of wolf through, and no issues.  I think, due to the kid being a fiend with it, there were about 600 shot in one setting and just fine.  That’s when it was relatively new.  lotsa other stuff through as well, and the m4 eats it like candy. Dirty? Who cares, it’s built for it.