New M4 owner LOP questions

Arizona_Mike

I am tall with long arms.  I went and measured all my shotguns with field stocks that feel "right" and are quick for me I get a 14-14.5" LOP.

The 14.25" Benelli stock should be perfect for me but it isn't.    It passes the bent arm test but something is different with a pistol grip that makes me hit my bicep or snag my shirt.  holding the gun like it was a field stock (letting the pistol grip fall between my middle and ring fingers), the length feels right again.  Using it as a pistol grip but with the butt plate off, it feels right again.

I think going 2" shorter with the Mesa Tactical stock would be too short for me although the site picture might be better going and inch or two closer (make the ghost ring more like a ghost ring that peep site).  However, the foregrip would definitely be too close.  I'm already grasping it with my thumb on the taper and my index finger on the last groove.  By rights I'l like to grasp it another inch or so out for maximum comfort (again long arms).

At this point I'm wondering if I should just practice pulling the stock a little further out while shouldering and develop the muscle memory.

Mike

Edited by Arizona_Mike

• Arizona_Mike changed the title to New M4 owner LOP questions

Just got the Mesa stock. While the length is perfect the finish is rougher than stock and there are round injection holes on one side. 

While the sling attachment is 1 1/4 which it should have been stock, I’m not sure it’s a keeper. 

Edited by Outlawyer

Can you measure LOP from center of trigger to center of butt put?

I'm wondering if I should shorten the Benelli stock 1" and have a smith grind a limbsaver.  It looks like there is room inside for 2 inches of reduction.

Mike

Edited by Arizona_Mike