R1 Brass markings on receiver aft of bolt cocking lever

LouMain

Hi everyone,

I purchased a Benelli R1 in .308 Win last year. I’ve taken it to the range and put about 120 rounds of Aguila 150 Gr FMJ target ammunition through it with no issues other than the fact that I’ve noticed brass markings on the receiver aft of the arming bolt. I’m guessing that the brass from the casings being ejected from the chamber during cycling is causing the issue by flipping and hitting the surface. Does anyone know if this is normal, I shoot left handed and I always find the casings about 5 feet away to my right after firing. Just curious, overall I’m very happy with the performance of the firearm and it’s thoroughly broken down as per the manual and cleaned after every outing including the gas piston assembly. Also, anyone know if the rubber o ring on the barrel locking cap is replaceable and available through Benelli...it seems like having a spare would be a good idea ;)

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Posting the reply I received from Benelli USA with the following recommendation:

The brass does mark the ejection port. You can take some OOO Steel Wool and gently rub the spots with a drop or two of oil. This helps and not as noticeable.

Great customer support and very quick response from Wayne Randall at Benelli USA!

• Upvote 1