Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Benelli M3 semi-mode failure to cycle

so i just got my benelli m3 recently and ive bought a bunch of different ammo 12ga to shoot and every single load i put fails to cycle the next round.

Pump mode works perfect and has 0 issues but even 2-3/4" & 3" buck/slug dont reliably cycle. it always gets stuck in the feed or i get a failure to eject because the load wasnt powerful enough(???). 

no idea what ammo im supposed to use with it or maybe something is wrong with the gun? i installed a reduced power spring kit and even with that i still get failures in semiauto.

ive shot federal, estate, fiocchi, some other brands i have no idea.

any suggestions? or is my gun a lemon?

On 3/25/2021 at 5:54 PM, Gypsy said:

so i just got my benelli m3 recently and ive bought a bunch of different ammo 12ga to shoot and every single load i put fails to cycle the next round.

Pump mode works perfect and has 0 issues but even 2-3/4" & 3" buck/slug dont reliably cycle. it always gets stuck in the feed or i get a failure to eject because the load wasnt powerful enough(???). 

no idea what ammo im supposed to use with it or maybe something is wrong with the gun? i installed a reduced power spring kit and even with that i still get failures in semiauto.

ive shot federal, estate, fiocchi, some other brands i have no idea.

any suggestions? or is my gun a lemon?

I do not have an M3, but if it’s anything like an M4 it’s important to thoroughly clean an properly lubricate before firing the new weapon. I ran my M4 pretty wet during break in. I’m assuming your M3 is new? Also, during break in I used high brass heavier loads, full power buck shot and slugs. Maybe you did all that already. Just thought I’d try to help to rule out typical break in stuff. 

Edited by JT111

Sell it ... and buy a gas operated shotgun...lol  I own a 12ga SBE2 slug-gun since 2003 with an added smoothbore barrel, and a 20ga M2 slug-gun.  Both of them go through the same crap.  I've killed hundreds of deer with them but the "bulletproof" reputation of Benelli is comical.  First thing you have to know is if you start hanging extension tubes, weapon lights, optics, and anything else on them you're counteracting the recoil system and just asking for failure to feeds.

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG