Got a Benelli M4 1014 on the way. Swapping stocks and putting it up for sale for 2k if anyone interested

Jaason0

8 hours ago, electric7 said:

That was quick!

Lol friend told me that the best way to get one. Gotta be cheaper than the 1k and up they selling for now. Love my h20 and want to put the collapseable stock on it. Hopefully i ll come out pretty good on it?

11 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

The stock isn’t pinned, Benelli uses a neutered receiver extension that won’t allow the stock to collapse. It only has the install notch and the fully extended position. 

This

If you are going to auction it, at least make reference to the non collapsible receiver extension.

Many people buy the standard version knowing that there is an upgrade path to the C stock. In your M4 case, that wouldn't be an option they would be aware of until they take off a stock and find a neutered extension.

it also seems that the extension with correct 3 slots are harder to find than the C stock itself.

Just my 2 cents

seems crazy to come with a collapsable stock that won t collapse. Heck seems the regular pistol grip better for the 1014. The recoil tube looks like a pain to change  ( that if u can even find one ). Hate to have to get one this way but it seems like swapping stock and selling the 1014 with regular pistol grip most cost effective way to get a c stock. I m pretty sure i can sell it without losing too much. Hopefully I ll get 1900 to 2k pretty easy.

6 hours ago, Jaason0 said:

seems crazy to come with a collapsable stock that won t collapse. Heck seems the regular pistol grip better for the 1014. The recoil tube looks like a pain to change  ( that if u can even find one ). Hate to have to get one this way but it seems like swapping stock and selling the 1014 with regular pistol grip most cost effective way to get a c stock. I m pretty sure i can sell it without losing too much. Hopefully I ll get 1900 to 2k pretty easy.

Heck mydealer sells pistol grip models for $1759 .He got like eight in these week .And sold in about a day 

Edited by rubicon20032003

4 hours ago, rubicon20032003 said:

Heck mydealer sells pistol grip models for $1759 .He got like eight in these week .And sold in about a day 

do they do online orders? Give me the name my friend wants one with collipsable stock. That GREAT price. I been looking around and Europtics best price i ve seen at 2099+tax was 2270

49 minutes ago, Jaason0 said:

do they do online orders? Give me the name my friend wants one with collipsable stock. That GREAT price. I been looking around and Europtics best price i ve seen at 2099+tax was 2270

Don’t think they do online .Once they put them Facebook they were gone .They don’t get into the Covid pricing like others I was wrong they were 1799 not 1759 .I’ll ask on Monday if they’ll ship And if eta on more coming in there 

Edited by rubicon20032003

19 minutes ago, alpha 33 said:

I may be wrong here but, it seems to me any machinist could notch the receiver extensions with no trouble at all. I also think it would be far cheaper than the $1K +++

you'll pay for an adjustable stock. 

Probably cheaper to buy a correct 3 position receiver extension than to get a machinist to do a one off job. Normally these extensions are available for purchase from places like Benelli parts. They’ve restocked at least twice this year so far. 

Benelli did a crazy amount of heat treating on the collapsible stock parts to make it hold up to 12 gauge recoil.