SBE3 Shooting high

Mike Mahogany

I just came back from the range from patterning my SBE3 that I purchased in September 2020.

I was shooting on a bench using a lead sled, sandbagged.  I aligned the mid bead with the muzzle bead and aimed at the middle of a 3 inch diameter bullseye on the target.

99.9% of my pellets were at the same level of the bullseye or higher.

This test was conducted at 20 yards using a Carlson Cremator LR choke and a Benelli Modified Choke.

I tried Winchester Super x, Hevi Steel, Score and Federal Speed Shok ammo.  All had the same results.

Now what?

Edited by Mike Mahogany

Mike, all jokes aside, the only way to make a mechanical correction is to install a taller front site or an adjustable sight set like the gobble dot pro.  There is quite a grand debate on whether Benelli's have some inherent European sight picture bias or whether differences in POI is a manufacturing variance.  None of that really matters because if you feel your gun shoots high and you want it to shoot lower you'll either need to compensate or change the sights if aiming is required.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:59 PM, electric7 said:

Mike, all jokes aside, the only way to make a mechanical correction is to install a taller front site or an adjustable sight set like the gobble dot pro.  There is quite a grand debate on whether Benelli's have some inherent European sight picture bias or whether differences in POI is a manufacturing variance.  None of that really matters because if you feel your gun shoots high and you want it to shoot lower you'll either need to compensate or change the sights if aiming is required.

Thank you for your response.