Entry light setup

rubicon20032003

27 minutes ago, rubicon20032003 said:

Thanks going to check them out.Always used surefire .But they don’t seem to what they used to be 

I moved away from Surefire this past year as well. The M600IB sucks compared to the Modlite lamp. The M600IB is very floody with no defined hot spot. The Modlite is a laser with some spill off to the sides. Their other heads will punch out to 150 yards of white light. 

Surefire’s IR lamps are still decent. 

• Upvote 1

Second what SD recommended.  A PLHv2 in 18650 body length fits awesome on your IWC mount with a 14" barrel.  If you're running the factory handguards, the tailcap suggestion is best.  If you're running a SF M80 or Agency handguard, then you have some remote switch options i.e. Hot Button, Modbutton Lite, ect.  Here's mine with a SF Scout and Modbutton Lite on an M80 rail.

20210224_190749.jpg

20210224_190807.jpg

Edited by calviroman
Pics
  • Upvote 2

Thanks bought one .

2 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Modlite PLHv2 head on an 18650 body with a Surefire Z68 tailcap. Or buy a Cloud Defensive OWL. Both should fit right on to the IWC mount. 

p85gJ9F.jpg
Here are the Modlite lights. The 14” barrel will be ideal and should eliminate barrel shadowing issues. 

Your surefire tailcap you spin it down 

8 minutes ago, rubicon20032003 said:

Thanks bought one .

Your surefire tailcap you spin it down 

I machined off the shroud since it jams my thumb when I hold my thumb over the button for momentary control. I almost never use the constant on feature. So if you’re firing high brass rounds, you might not like it. 

I went with the Stream light TLR RM2, mainly because I wanted the angled switch. Not super crazy about how it looks, but it feels good and works well. Please don't judge me by the mess in my car. Been doing a lot of 14-16 hour overnight shifts, I just dump it at the end of the week. ?

20210324_182005.jpg