Best shotgun for all types of birds.

JCorpen1

Been looking at getting one shotgun to do the overall work of waterfowl and maybe quail or pheasant every now and then.  I'm leaning towards the SBE3, SBE3 BEST, or the Ethos Super Sport.  Of the three listed which would be best for what I'm wanting to use the shotgun for?  

As far as I can tell the only difference between the Ethos and the Ethos Super Sport is the the carbon fiber?

Side Note:  I have also contemplated on getting the Super Sport Performance Shop but I feel it is geared more towards clays and competition.  Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

3 hours ago, Diesel79 said:

I’ve grown more fond of the 24” and 26” barrels.  I’m selling my 28” M2.  

Okay but why the shorter barrel in 12 gauge?  The M2 Waterfowl Performance is a 20 gauge with a 28" barrel.

Sorry for all of the questions.  I'm a newbie with shotguns but I know I don't want to buy a cheap one for my first and regret it later.

why are the waterfowl and turkey performance both 20 gauge?

22 hours ago, JCorpen1 said:

Been looking at getting one shotgun to do the overall work of waterfowl and maybe quail or pheasant every now and then.  I'm leaning towards the SBE3, SBE3 BEST, or the Ethos Super Sport.  Of the three listed which would be best for what I'm wanting to use the shotgun for?  

As far as I can tell the only difference between the Ethos and the Ethos Super Sport is the the carbon fiber?

Side Note:  I have also contemplated on getting the Super Sport Performance Shop but I feel it is geared more towards clays and competition.  Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

One gun you did not mention is the Ethos BEST, this is a real hidden gem in the lineup.  Mid rib, more capacity than a SBE 3, lighter than a SBE 3, will not shoot 3.5, new sight window in fore end.  Ethos BEST leans a little more upland, SBE 3 leans a little more Waterfowl, both great segment crossover hunting.

Ethos VS Ethos Super Sport - mid rib vs high rib, non ported vs ported, 26,28 vs 28,30, Ethos with exception of Ethos BEST is wood, Ethos BEST has SBE 3 stock, Comfortech 3 & Combtech, Ethos Wood has Progressive comfort, Ethos Super Sport has extended choke tubes.

IMO - most lineup changes have additions to the SBE & Ethos Chassis, reductions in traditional M2 Chassis.

13 hours ago, JCorpen1 said:

Okay but why the shorter barrel in 12 gauge?  The M2 Waterfowl Performance is a 20 gauge with a 28" barrel.

Sorry for all of the questions.  I'm a newbie with shotguns but I know I don't want to buy a cheap one for my first and regret it later.

why are the waterfowl and turkey performance both 20 gauge?

You just need to go and shoulder a bunch and figure out what feels best to you. 

I just have grown to like the 24-26” lengths now. 

Edited by Diesel79