Why buy 5+1 if you want 7+1

Zipperhead

I see that a lot of people buy Benelli M4s with a 5+1 capacity and then jump through expensive hoops to increase capacity by 2 shells.  Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a 7+1 for $100 more and be done with it?  I'm guessing that people just like to fiddle with their firearms (I certainly do), but why buy a product that doesn't fit your needs without performing expensive modifications?  Are 7+1 M4s really so hard to find?  I wanted an 11715 because it had the night sights, 7+1 magazine, and adjustable stock.  I sent e-mails to dozens of places letting them know that I was ready to purchase.  Within 2 weeks I received a call letting me know that one was available.  $100 over MSRP.  Not awful considering that the BLM riots were at their peak.  The guy said they had received 9 11715's and he had sold them all within 30 minutes to people he knew were ready to buy.  

Edited by Zipperhead
punctuation

2 minutes ago, rubicon20032003 said:

So whats purpose of these post ?think everyone knows all that already .Or can figure that out 

Good question.  I don't think people do know that 7+1s are available to those that ask, otherwise they would not buy 5+1s.  

I'm reminded of Martin Guitars.  Excellent guitars, but they set a minimum price at which their dealers can advertise.  Newbies often think that this is the lowest price that the guitar is available.  Wrong.  The dealer can sell it for any price he wants.  Just can't advertise it.

I think shotgun newbies think they can only get 5+1s.  That is not correct, you just have to ask. 

8 minutes ago, Zipperhead said:

Good question.  I don't think people do know that 7+1s are available to those that ask, otherwise they would not buy 5+1s.  

I'm reminded of Martin Guitars.  Excellent guitars, but they set a minimum price at which their dealers can advertise.  Newbies often think that this is the lowest price that the guitar is available.  Wrong.  The dealer can sell it for any price he wants.  Just can't advertise it.

I think shotgun newbies think they can only get 5+1s.  That is not correct, you just have to ask. 

You can look on there site .Not real hard to figure out if you can use a search button .Think people buy what they can get now or in there area that’s why

D100159B-5C6C-4E85-A2E8-5656C6EE066E.png

Edited by rubicon20032003

20 minutes ago, Zipperhead said:

And what line is that?  Law?  Policy?  Contract with Freedom Tactical?  Please tell me.

Well for me, I bought what I could get my hands on... knowing that I am going to upgrade to USA made parts on my M4 to be 922(r) compliant anyways.

Edited by bigoo7e

7 hours ago, Zipperhead said:

I see that a lot of people buy Benelli M4s with a 5+1 capacity and then jump through expensive hoops to increase capacity by 2 shells.  Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a 7+1 for $100 more and be done with it?  I'm guessing that people just like to fiddle with their firearms (I certainly do), but why buy a product that doesn't fit your needs without performing expensive modifications?  Are 7+1 M4s really so hard to find?  I wanted an 11715 because it had the night sights, 7+1 magazine, and adjustable stock.  I sent e-mails to dozens of places letting them know that I was ready to purchase.  Within 2 weeks I received a call letting me know that one was available.  $100 over MSRP.  Not awful considering that the BLM riots were at their peak.  The guy said they had received 9 11715's and he had sold them all within 30 minutes to people he knew were ready to buy.  

What difference does it make "why"? We're still a free country...., kinda. Although I do understand the question,  we are not all of like mind. There are as many reasons "why" as there are people. There is only one person I need to make happy and thats me, and I have my wife's permission to say so. 

10 hours ago, Zipperhead said:

Ok.  Then why do so many people buy 5+1s and fixed stock only to immediately upgrade to 7+1 with adjustable stock?

is this post for real? You realize that the 7+1 with collapsible stock is nearly impossible to find right?

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 11:01 AM, gm2376 said:

is this post for real? You realize that the 7+1 with collapsible stock is nearly impossible to find right?

You have to specifically request one and then they are not impossible to find.  Settling for a 5+1 and a fixed stock lets Benelli know that they can continue selling those and then make real buck on the upgrades (as can Freedom Tactical.  Wonder if they are affiliated with Benelli's owner group?).  Always follow the money. 

On 4/3/2021 at 10:36 PM, Zipperhead said:

You have to specifically request one and then they are not impossible to find.  Settling for a 5+1 and a fixed stock lets Benelli know that they can continue selling those and then make real buck on the upgrades (as can Freedom Tactical.  Wonder if they are affiliated with Benelli's owner group?).  Always follow the money. 

lol...specifically request from who? and wait 2 years? your help is not needed...lol

Benelli has deals with their distributors and dealerships. I've never seen a Benelli dealer contract with my own eyes but have heard from multiple FFLs that in that contract it says Benelli has the right to tell the dealership which models they can sell to LEO only. Ive also heard being a Benelli dealer is expensive because of a minimum buy-in and stock-keeping req. Of course there is no police force to enforce this so lots of Benelli dealerships sell whatever to whoever. Some states have laws about the collapsible stocks. I don't know what the deal with 922 is these days but it used to be impossible to get the full capacity models from Italy to the states unless they were for LEO, especially with the collapsible stocks. Lots of gun shops that call themselves "LEO" dealers will buy "LEO only" models from Benelli distributors and hawk them to the gen pop. anyhow just because they can and they know nobody is going to regulate.