FFT Oversized Bolt Release Button - New Product

Heynowwwww

16 hours ago, les_garten said:

Thanx!  No scratching of the receiver with this?

None. Plenty of clearance when button is depressed. JTM / johnmasen.com is the manufacturer of the mag release button sold on eBay. You can order direct through them and save a few bucks. The Dawson while nicely made, is smaller in diameter than the JTM.

Edited by TKAN53
added info
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, TKAN53 said:

None. Plenty of clearance when button is depressed. JTM / johnmasen.com is the manufacturer of the mag release button sold on eBay. You can order direct through them and save a few bucks. The Dawson while nicely made, is smaller in diameter than the JTM.

I wish I could find the dimensions of both.  I saw a photo of a 1911 with the Dawson which puts it into perspective.  I can't seem to find one of the John Mason on a 1911.

This looks like what Benelli parts uses on their oversized bolt release.  He's tapping the oem shell latch and I think he's using this Benelli oem Super Black Eagle II button. 

I like that it's a Benelli made part.  Not that crazy about the domed shape though.  For $15 I might give it a shot.  I just have to find out the thread pitch.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/b60101

Edited by Milspec

4 hours ago, Milspec said:

This looks like what Benelli parts uses on their oversized bolt release.  He's tapping the oem shell latch and I think he's using this Benelli oem Super Black Eagle II button. 

I like that it's a Benelli made part.  Not that crazy about the domed shape though.  For $15 I might give it a shot.  I just have to find out the thread pitch.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/b60101

I have the round Benelli Parts oversized bolt release on my setup and I love it. I definitely wanted something round and not rectangular like most others; this was mostly a visual/appearance thing for me. I saw FFT's round option shortly after I installed the Benelliparts one, but can't say I was a fan of the knurling on them / looked a bit out of place to me. I do really like how the benelliparts one looks with the 1/2" FFT charging handle as they are both the same size (round 1/2") and they line up perfectly visually. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, joeryu said:

I have the round Benelli Parts oversized bolt release on my setup and I love it. I definitely wanted something round and not rectangular like most others; this was mostly a visual/appearance thing for me. I saw FFT's round option shortly after I installed the Benelliparts one, but can't say I was a fan of the knurling on them / looked a bit out of place to me. I do really like how the benelliparts one looks with the 1/2" FFT charging handle as they are both the same size (round 1/2") and they line up perfectly visually. 

Could you post a pic of how it looks?

• Like 1