Purchased my 1st M4

LastStand

I’m retiring from the military soon and figured I would reward myself.  I was finally able to locate a M4/11707 last week and now the project begins.

BTW > StrangerDanger - your wheelhouse of knowledge has been greatly appreciated and so have a few others.  

I’ve been ranking my priorities for upgrades

1. ORDERED - CC Ti 7+1 tube/follower/wolf spring: awaiting backlog like everyone else.  The wait won’t kill me... 

2. ORDERED- Muzzle this really wasn’t a priority but saw they were in stock.  Ordered from benelliparts and it shipped the same day.  I love that!  

3.  I am going to order the A&S trigger guard.  This will probably sound crazy but I want use the Benelliparts trigger kit.  I don’t want to remove any parts from the OEM trigger guard.  Rather have a second housing option.  I did see FFT has an enthusiast’s spare parts kit.  Honestly I don’t know why my brain is running that way but Undecided at this time - I realize this is a costly route and I’m still debating it.  

4.  C-stock I have reached the end of the internet multiple times searching for this.  Patience and luck is all that is required.  

This forum has been a gold mine of knowledge and appreciate the contributions. I may just go pick up a another gun until I can finish up the M4! ?

Edited by LastStand
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Congrats. I bought the 11721 model so all I needed to do was:. Gg&g bolt release, fft 1.5" charging handle, iwc light mount, and I out the worry free shell carrier in it. Burris fast fire3 on a qd mount. Streamlight tlr rm2 light. Going to do the a&s trigger guard at some point. 

• Upvote 1

Nice Arthur!  I couldn’t find the 11721 here locally but but did see a few on gunbroker.  

I’ll probably end up spending the same amount if not more getting it there but that just means more enjoyment of building the gun out- even if it means a few f-bombs slip out. 

I don’t know if I got a good price or not but I did pay $1500 NIB and for me personally the gun was worth every cent. 

I did purchase a two gun case from Case Club and snagged it off Amazon as “Used-like new” saved me about 50-60 bucks.  Nothing wrong with the case. 8227AEED-8514-4544-B737-A42130234522.thumb.jpeg.96088cfadce3a3b68a28b07e2b62fd6e.jpeg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LastStand said:

Nice Arthur!  I couldn’t find the 11721 here locally but but did see a few on gunbroker.  

I’ll probably end up spending the same amount if not more getting it there but that just means more enjoyment of building the gun out- even if it means a few f-bombs slip out. 

I don’t know if I got a good price or not but I did pay $1500 NIB and for me personally the gun was worth every cent. 

I did purchase a two gun case from Case Club and snagged it off Amazon as “Used-like new” saved me about 50-60 bucks.  Nothing wrong with the case. 8227AEED-8514-4544-B737-A42130234522.thumb.jpeg.96088cfadce3a3b68a28b07e2b62fd6e.jpeg

$1500? That's a great deal. I paid 2k for my 11707 a few months ago.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LastStand said:

I’m retiring from the military soon and figured I would reward myself.  I was finally able to locate a M4/11707 last week and now the project begins.

BTW > StrangerDanger - your wheelhouse of knowledge has been greatly appreciated and so have a few others.  

I’ve been ranking my priorities for upgrades

1. ORDERED - CC Ti 7+1 tube/follower/wolf spring: awaiting backlog like everyone else.  The wait won’t kill me... 

2. ORDERED- Muzzle this really wasn’t a priority but saw they were in stock.  Ordered from benelliparts and it shipped the same day.  I love that!  

3.  I am going to order the A&S trigger guard.  This will probably sound crazy but I want use the Benelliparts trigger kit.  I don’t want to remove any parts from the OEM trigger guard.  Rather have a second housing option.  I did see FFT has an enthusiast’s spare parts kit.  Honestly I don’t know why my brain is running that way but Undecided at this time - I realize this is a costly route and I’m still debating it.  

4.  C-stock I have reached the end of the internet multiple times searching for this.  Patience and luck is all that is required.  

This forum has been a gold mine of knowledge and appreciate the contributions. I may just go pick up a another gun until I can finish up the M4! ?

#3 -  I did the same in terms of building a brand new trigger assembly without removing any parts from my stock assembly.  I used A&S trigger guard, FFT upgraded trigger kit and springs, an upgraded safety, and all the rest I bought new Benelli OEM parts.  I published a list of everything I bought on a post in this forum if you want to search.  it was fun finding all the parts and building a trigger assembly from scratch.  

#1 - I ordered CC tube, follower, and spring.  I just received it and haven't installed but the quality looks great.

#4 - Benelli parts announced another presale coming soon.  If you email him sometimes he will give a clue on timing.

Enjoy

• Upvote 1

Excellent choices!

1# I too am in the CC waiting list.  Ordered 3/20, waiting for the call.

2# I snagged the Benelli 2 piece muzzle brake as well and was pleased with my initial testing.  Shoots slugs surprisingly well.

3# I am sure others have experience with the Benelliparts trigger kit and can offer more details.  I and several others recently put FFT trigger kits in our A&S triggerguards and several of us have had to do some very light work on the hammer to get it to reliably/correctly function.  Not bad or dangerous work, just something to be aware of.  Not sure if Benelliparts kits need any fitting or not.

4# If the Benelliparts Cstock exists and comes in, that is by far the most economical option.  Ebay and gunbroker are a mess.  I ended up scoring one locally but it was still more than what Benelliparts has charged in the past.

• Upvote 1

Well, if it makes you feel better, I just paid 2850 before taxes for my 11721. Still kicking myself for not buying one years ago but I figured it could be now or never, with all the BS laws they're trying to pass.  Luckily I found one on gunbroker from a dealer in state, about 2 hrs away, thear accepted layaway. I actually won the auction for 3200 but since I'd have to pay taxes they lowered the price. Took a few months but I finally got it with the last stimulus check. I already knew there were certain things I wanted to do to it (the stuff I listed in my first reply) and didn't want to extend the process and go through the hassle of changing stocks and tubes and making sure I was keeping up with 922(r) so I bit the bullet. Night sights would have been nice but I bought the meprolights on optics planet. They were $85ish dollars, and I got $21 back in optics bucks to use toward a future purpose, so that wasn't bad at all.

• Upvote 1

Congrats buddy. Thank you for your service. The A & S trigger guard is an awesome upgrade.  I would make sure to upgrade the carrier too.  I have a Taran Tactical carrier and it goes great with the A & S trigger guard.  Makes loading easier especially if dual or quad loading. Enjoy it bud

Edited by Jaason0

7 hours ago, Jaason0 said:

Congrats buddy. Thank you for your service. The A & S trigger guard is an awesome upgrade.  I would make sure to upgrade the carrier too.  I have a Taran Tactical carrier and it goes great with the A & S trigger guard.  Makes loading easier especially if dual or quad loading. Enjoy it bud

I ordered the A&S trigger guard and the TTC carrier yesterday.  ?

3 hours ago, BallChange said:

Definitely needs the stock and tube, but man that's a nice price at $1500. Congrats on the retirement, and shoot the shit out of that thing!

I just got lucky is all.  The owners son is currently a TAC-P for the Air Force and that sparked conversations once I had started providing documents for the background check.  I’m not a TAC-P - just want to clarify that and that’s not an insult either.  Those dudes are badass!  But we talked for a while and I told him I was retiring this year and that I wanted to get back into shooting.  I got the last one in stock and without telling me he knocked a few bucks off.  Pretty cool right!?!  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2