Scope Mounting Issue

Moralesnet

I just purchased a M1 Slug gun for deer hunting. My intention is to mount a Red Dot but I am having difficulty obtaining a rail/base for it. It is drilled and tapped from the factory but the Benelli dealer I purchased it from said they didn't have a base/rail available. They offered to sell me another barrel for several hundred more $$$ that would work.

One would think Benelli should have something available for their own product...... I have searched many web sites, does anyone have any suggestions? My next call will most likely be to a gunsmith. Thanks in advance. :confused:

[ 10-23-2004, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Moralesnet ]

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by DJ:

Weaver #93 is the scope base that will fit on the receiver if it is drilled and tapped at the factory.

Thanks. I ordered the #93 weaver mount from the local shooting range. I installed it and my scope last weekend. I used a bore site to get it close. I am going to the range this weekend to zero it in.

There are some very nice racks out there and 1 of them has my name on it.