Reciever Wear on SBE 2 ???

DUCK

Have any of you noticed wear on the right side of your reciever where the bolt slides ??? Mine has the edges warn off ,What I think is pretty bad for one years use .....Just thought I would get opinions before calling about it ......Thanks ...DUCK

[ 03-12-2005, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: DUCK ]

No wear visible from the outside on mine....however the bolt slide rails do have slight wear inside the receiver, normal I would suspect. I would suspect your issue to be more serious since it triggered you to make a post....and your description of "where the bolt slides".....I would call this "NOT NORMAL"......make phone call.

Is what you are describing on the top of the groove the bolt slides in? If so, my old SBE did the same thing. I think it is caused by the empty shell catching on it when it is ejected. Looked pretty bad but never caused me any trouble. Mine didn't start looking bad until a few hundred rounds were fired though.

I am talking about on the ejection side of the reciever, inside where the bolt slides back and forth just as DJ described it ..My old SBE did the same thing . But just as DJ said , it did not cause any problems ....Just think it shoud not be wearing like it is ...Maybe 1000 shell thru it ...Thanks DUCK

Mine did it on my old low rib model SBE the most. My newer high rib model doesn't seem to be doing it as bad. I think it's just cosmetic and doesn't cause any trouble. I believe it's where the brass of the ejecting empty hits the side of the ejection port on it's way out.

My 1991 SBE started to wear right there almost immediately.

I checked with Benelli and they said it was normal and would not get much worse after the initial wear.

Now in 2005, the wear spot looks pretty much the same as it did in 1991 and that's with about 15,000 rounds through that SBE.

mudhen - CA