Coming soon.. Benelli M4 Titanium/Steel Charging Handle

RxArms

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to update you all.  Was still tweaking the design for the detent... Hoping for you all to be pleasantly surprised at what I was able to accomplish with my design.  I spent a bit more $$ on R&D as I had a specific vision for what I wanted out of it.. for a smaller company it was a big leap, I believe it will be worth it.

Photos will be added this week most likely, in addition to me being able to start taking orders (hopefully).

Edited by RxArms
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/15/2021 at 1:22 PM, sniiped said:

got mine ordered.  just happened to get the email at the right time.  thanks

Thanks!

Unit ended up weighing a bit less than the OEM handle.  I am happy with this result considering how much bigger the handle is, and also using a steel tang.  The lighting makes a big difference for how dark the handle looks.  Both examples are blasted, and oiled.

IMG_5888.jpeg

IMG_5891.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 6:47 PM, pi314 said:

That's a nice looking piece.  Well done.  I'd be another vote for the black color.

I looked into black, I can get it done, but the machining needs to be changed by some microns to allow for the cerekote thickness.  I am brainstorming this option.  Will add about $5 to the cost for graphite black.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 5:43 PM, RxArms said:

I looked into black, I can get it done, but the machining needs to be changed by some microns to allow for the cerekote thickness.  I am brainstorming this option.  Will add about $5 to the cost for graphite black.

I'm not that big on matching my purse and shoes - ordered your new piece as is. ?  

• Upvote 1

I forgot to mention, this charging handle locks into place and does not rotate out.  This actually makes the knurling effective in use.  Other knurled “non spinning” handles can actually rotate out, mine will not.

Edited by RxArms
  • Like 1

I received mine today, it's great!  I do have a couple of points:

- Having this on my gun now, I, too, would like a black/parkerized/cerekote version.  The titanium is nice, but I do like to have my purse match my shoes. :)  I'm in for another one if black becomes a reality.

- It would be great if the actual handle was just a just a tad longer.  I have the GG&G bolt release on mine since it is pretty wide and right under the charging handle, I only have 5/8" of handle to grab.  Not a deal breaker and definitely an outlier use case, if you don't have the GG&G it's a perfect length.

IMG-9263.jpg

IMG-9265.JPG

Edited by bcruze

9 hours ago, bcruze said:

- Having this on my gun now, I, too, would like a black/parkerized/cerekote version.  The titanium is nice, but I do like to have my purse match my shoes. :)  I'm in for another one if black becomes a reality.

- It would be great if the actual handle was just a just a tad longer.  I have the GG&G bolt release on mine since it is pretty wide and right under the charging handle, I only have 5/8" of handle to grab.  Not a deal breaker and definitely an outlier use case, if you don't have the GG&G it's a perfect length.

IMG-9263.jpg

IMG-9265.JPG

in order to keep the weight to spec, that is maximum length I could go before the weight started to exceed the OEM handle (if we are comparing to GG&G, that handle weighs 2x as much).  I have been thinking about fluting the steel tang portion to save some weight, and use that savings to extend the handle.  Perhaps on my next run.

In my personal opinion, once you get a locking handle, it is had to go back to the spinner type, having the confidence to rack the gun as hard as you want and know the handle will not rotate at all is nice peace of mind.. (this includes also the FFT handle which can rotate out of place due to the knurling force)

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

I will explore further the black version, perhaps my whole next run will be black, as I need to machine the part a little different to allow for the cerekote thickness (as mentioned above).

Edited by RxArms

I will be up for a black one when they become available. Can you explain your locking handle design? Does this require a tool? On the tolerance issue with Cerakote.... are you talking about the sharpness of the knurling or the shaft that interacts with the bolt? I don't see an issue leaving the shaft bare and just coating the knurling part.

Rasyad

Edited by Rasyad
additional question

2 hours ago, Rasyad said:

I will be up for a black one when they become available. Can you explain your locking handle design? Does this require a tool? On the tolerance issue with Cerakote.... are you talking about the sharpness of the knurling or the shaft that interacts with the bolt? I don't see an issue leaving the shaft bare and just coating the knurling part.

Rasyad

No tool needed, it is a flat wall plunge dimple that does not allow the detent to rotate at all.  To remove the handle it needs to be pulled straight out.

As for cerekote, yes the small titanium portion that enters into the bolt I would reduce by a micron to prevent any Possible binding.  If I was to cerekote I would prefer to have it black entering into the bolt, not the steel tang, just the small titanium section so it is a fluid black flow from handle to bolt.

it is looking more likely I will be doing a black version in the future. The price will be going up regardless due to materials cost, I’m having issues getting metal for other products, the supply chain problems are a pain.

-Robb 

Edited by RxArms
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, bcruze said:

IMG-9263.jpg

IMG-9265.JPG

Flip the GGG bolt release upside down. It gets it out of the way

Edited by Pack Rat

On 6/26/2021 at 1:52 PM, bcruze said:

IMG-9263.jpg

IMG-9265.JPG

Just flip it