Curious about the "gotta haves" for a folding stock.

Birdog19

Not posting this to question anyone's opinions or $anity regarding a folding stock -- just wondering about its utility and if that's the reason for the overwhelming demand.

Is it because that's what the M4 is supposed to come with -- it makes the gun complete?  Weight savings?  Cool factor or do some shooters find adjusting the length-of-pull fits them better?  Living in Rep of Cali I can't use a folding stock so I have not experience with it.  My 11707 did come equiped with a 3 position receiver tube, so if we ever re-join the Union and the prices come down I may get one.

• Upvote 2

I bought mine because I liked the option to change the length.  I am a big guy and the longest setting and middle setting work great for me.  It saves a little weight I am sure too.

Lets all be honest to - a lot of the reason everyone gets it is because exactly like you said:  it is how a Benelli M4 SHOULD look and it just looks cool.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

When I first started researching the M4 a few years back, I honestly thought the collapsable stock looked odd.

Last Feb, I came across a M1014 US flag model w fixed collapsable stock at Sportsmans warehouse. Once I started seeing the various forum member builds and comments about the middle position being right length of pull in combination w RMR and Scalerworks mount, etc etc, I've slowly been moving in that direction. Finally, I have accumulated the parts and I am all set up to switch out neutered recoil tube w the 3 position.  

A shout out to SD for his extensive photo essay tutorials and advice/postings from various forum members!  I'll post pictures.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think you mean collapsible stock, not folding stock. I personally have a pair of M3T top folders that I really like. Personally, I like them better than the collapsible on the M4's though truthfully, the C-stock would be better for many situations. I like my folders as they fit in an otherwise unused portion of the safe. ?

• 1 year later...

I find benefit from the c-stocks ability to shorten the gun for storage, the M-4 is not a small gun and would not fit in the case I use without it. I am eagerly awaiting the rx-arms 6 position recoil tube. I can shoot mine presently from either the middle or third notch but neither feel quite right. I'm confident the extra positions will rectify that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 12/27/2022 at 5:50 PM, StreetSweeper56 said:

I find benefit from the c-stocks ability to shorten the gun for storage, the M-4 is not a small gun and would not fit in the case I use without it. I am eagerly awaiting the rx-arms 6 position recoil tube. I can shoot mine presently from either the middle or third notch but neither feel quite right. I'm confident the extra positions will rectify that.

You know, I never thought of that, but you are right. All my rifles are SBR and my gauges are SBS. And I don't have a huge safe, just enough for my collection. I'd probably have to take my shelf out to fit a field stock. I'm with you on that 3-pos tube just not quite feeling right either, hoping the 6-pos will feel better.

• Like 1