Just saw a post showing the Freedom Fighter 3/4 H20 charging handle jacking up his receiver. Anyone had this issue?

Jaason0

9 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

Yikes. Not an issue with the thickness of Cerakote. The bolt handle was likely over inserted past the detent notches. No idea about the wear at the front of the ejection port. 
It’s possible it was done while in some kind of storage case. 

Even his handguards look a little wonky to me?

this is what Todd said and i think it is total Bull

174537848_10159472962492948_3954495407241037572_n.jpg

I’ve been shooting shotguns since I was legally old enough to hunt. Maybe I’m not tactical enough, or I’m doing things wrong, but I’ve never felt the need to have a soda can for a charging handle on any of my semi autos.  

All the more reason to stick to the stock one in my M4. 

Edited by Diesel79
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Yeah, he’s not right. That finish is microns thick. I’ve filed thru it a bunch doing loading port jobs. That handle has much more clearance than that in its normal position. When watching the receiver in slow-mo, you can see the receiver flex during recoil. If it was that tight, it would be making contact. If you try, you can force the handle past the detent and end up rubbing the receiver. This is the issue TTI had with their original bolt knobs. They were being over-inserted by the end user or being pushed in during transport. It caused a lot of damage too. 

I’m not a fan of the 3/4” size, but that’s just my personal preference. I don’t care for knurling on it either. Didn’t care for it on the Carriercomp one either. I’ve settled in on the new TTI model.

Pro Tip:If you’re shipping guns or transporting in a case you should remove the bolt knobs. 

• Upvote 2

I saw those pics over on social media.  I kind of cringed when I saw it because that is one part I haven’t changed out yet for that reason after going thru the forum topics.  

I don’t have big meaty construction hands so I will be going with the 1/2” handle when I get to it.

At least anyone that sees his M4 knows he shoots it and means business!

• Upvote 1

I have a new FFT 1/2" charging handle that I decided not to use. Installed on the gun it has clearance of about the thickness of a piece of paper between the receiver and barrel of the handle. If I push lightly on the barrel, I can make it trap the paper. The FFT handle is a quality made item judging it simply by appearance, but I didn't feel comfortable with with the minimum clearance of the FFT and went with the TTI instead. 

• Like 1

It's been kinda crazy lately ... I've never had an issue with any of Todd's parts. It almost seems like the competition is out to cause him some headaches. I mean his latest video talked about someone complaining about stripped screws and we know for a fact he always checks those before he sends them out. Now this (above) and the complaints about paying in advance for backordering parts (which is SOP for everyone from Midway to SIG to you name it) ... I think Todd gets a bad rap on a lot of this recent stuff.  Just my humble opinion.

The guy is a M4 affectionado.

• Upvote 1

If you take the original charging handle, and turn it around and put the FFT next to it, it doesn’t appear to be the same length to the inside of the handle.

I would need to use calipers to get an exact measurement.

8CD5440C-E0C6-4402-A201-4332C0108E34.jpeg

EB5963DD-E4DE-4619-A324-BEC65EA52002.jpeg

Edited by bychance12
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TKAN53 said:

I have a new FFT 1/2" charging handle that I decided not to use. Installed on the gun it has clearance of about the thickness of a piece of paper between the receiver and barrel of the handle. If I push lightly on the barrel, I can make it trap the paper. The FFT handle is a quality made item judging it simply by appearance, but I didn't feel comfortable with with the minimum clearance of the FFT and went with the TTI instead. 

Yeah I was gonna order that very handle u have . Now glad i didn t. If Freedom fighter is selling the H20 charging handle and not allowing for the proper clearance that is some bull crap on their part......and worse they know this is a problem but blame it on the cerakote? They make quality stuff ( but you pay a high price ) for it and the fact that it can mess up your gun and they do nothing tells me a lot about this company. They know this is happening and instead of fixing the problem they blame it on the gun owner. Very disappointed and will do my best to not give them my business for this. 

5 hours ago, bychance12 said:

If you take the original charging handle, and turn it around and put the FFT next to it, it doesn’t appear to be the same length to the inside of the handle.

I would need to use calipers to get an exact measurement.

8CD5440C-E0C6-4402-A201-4332C0108E34.jpeg

EB5963DD-E4DE-4619-A324-BEC65EA52002.jpeg

That is a great pic and great idea. That makes a lot of sense to me. It is a fuzz to shot and therein lies the issue. They make great stuff and have a great rep.......then to put out a handle with this issue is messed up. He should immediately make a video and issue a recall and make it right. I know it will cost him a lot but he should checked this before sending them out. I ll bet this is one of many that had this issue.

24 minutes ago, MrMilitaryPolice said:

whatever gun safe you buy, just dont buy from EBAY. there are some less than honest people on there that buy low from others and resell at stupidly high prices.  hate those kinda a**holes

thank man looking at one at academy. Dont want to spend over like 1k though

5 hours ago, bychance12 said:

Rubicon, do you have the original handle? 
If you do, do you mind putting them like my photo and checking the clearance please.

I'm not Rubicon, but I dragged the FFT and OEM handles out and measured. Looks like there might be a little less than a 1/32" difference between the two with the FFT being the shorter.

The base of the OEM handle is flared away from the receiver and is lesser in diameter than the FFT which keeps the handle base from contacting the receiver.

I like the FFT charging handle as I do most of Todd's stuff and I own plenty. I thought about spinning the handle on a drill press while using a file, to remove about 1/16" or so from the handles base. Maybe someday I will do that, but I’ve since purchased a TTI charging handle that I’m liking pretty well.

Interesting, I’ve had mine for about 2 months, maybe there was a change in dimensions from the vendor making them?

After reading the rules for returns on FFT website, it doesn’t appear I can return for a refund, I did install the handle, then noticed the tight clearance on mine, was very concerned to be honest.

And then I was wondering why I never seen any negative feed back, or damage to finish, well until now...

Thanks for checking.