who has any experience of knowledge, facts only, on the Benelli M2 SAFETY? Has there been any dropped gun discharges?

Bluu Knight

• 2 weeks later...

I think anymore, at least in the USA, any accidental discharge of a firearm would make national news since they love to take every opportunity for negative press.

With our litigious society, I think firearms are torture tested before the model ever goes into production. Many also get drop tested.

Personally, I carry my guns loaded in the field, or at home (if my defense gun). I trust the safeties that much on these. Only shotgun I can think of that I don't trust the safeties is the original Franchi SPAS-12 lever safety which can be fired simply by flipping the safety on and off repeatedly. Pretty much anything else of current vintage I don't worry about.