Benelli M4 with Night Sights and Scalarworks T2 package. Will this combination create a distraction?

SnidelyWhiplash

I just bought a Benelli M4 with the night sights. Hasn’t been delivered yet so I’m not sure what to expect ref: brightness of the night sights. I’d like to add the Scalarworks T2 optics package but I’m worried it might create a distraction with the illuminated night sights and the T2 illuminated red dot.

Does anyone have this combination or used it that an give me some insight?

Thanks SD. I’m not generally a fan of co-witness because of the overly busy sight picture it creates. I have the Scalarworks RMR package on an M4 without the night sights and it’s not bad but I have no experience with the Benelli factory night sights. Maybe they won’t be as bright as I’m expecting.

On 4/21/2021 at 11:45 PM, StrangerDanger said:

You should be alright. Your T2 will be a fine red dot, where as the tritium will be a dull green dot.

If you end up hating it, you can always remove the iron sights pretty easily.

Will the center of the T2 be above the standard iron sights? Scalarworks lists the co-witness as a lower tenth. Would that mean the majority of the T2 viewing window would be above the irons sights? Sort of like this >  ( . )

18 hours ago, SnidelyWhiplash said:

Will the center of the T2 be above the standard iron sights? Scalarworks lists the co-witness as a lower tenth. Would that mean the majority of the T2 viewing window would be above the irons sights? Sort of like this >  ( . )

That would be correct for the co-alignment.