SBE3 12ga 3" left hand or SBE3 20ga left hand

iowalefty

Hello,

I am curious to know what everyones thoughts are on how long it will take Benelli to make a left hand SBE3 12ga in 3" or a SBE3 20ga? I am looking to buy a new gun and am trying to decide if I should wait it out or bite on an M2 that they already have avaliable. I would like to get a new gun before the 21-22 waterfowl season. I don't have any use in 3.5" shells. I have had some other brands of guns with that capability and I never used it. The reason I ask about 12ga and 20ga is because I plan on buying both eventually.

Thanks,

iowalefty

I would not expect Benelli to offer the 3" SBE 3 or the 20 gauge in a left hand model without a proven track record for the right handed versions that are currently out.  I do see a trend moving away from the M2 platform, platform growth is occurring in Ethos and SBE Chassis.  IF the M2 is discontinued this could create left hand demand for the two offerings you are interested in. 

The whole point of the SBE platform is the capability of up to 3.5" shells. And, just because it is capable of 3.5", it doesn't mean you have to shoot them.

Maybe another line would work if you don't need that capability though I don't know what all is available in left hand. My nephew is a southpaw and he learned to shoot right handed and has ever since. He shoots a SBEII and has never fired a single 3.5" through it in the decade he's had it. He bought it instead of a M1 because it was priced too good to pass up.