Mesa tactical stock gap

RJHUB

If you have a Mesa stock, does it have a small gap between the receiver and the stock.

I have it pressed up and tight with a nord washer but its not touching.  

I have a steel mesa qd ring in the gap now, but the plastic ring that comes with stock does the same.

Yeah its hitting on metal insert/washer inside stock where it butts up to the recoil spring tube.

Maybe my tube is sticking out a little further than most.  

I will have to cut me a few thin shims to fit in there.

Edited by RJHUB

I tried it with bare stock and it bottoms out on recoil sling tube before it touches reciever. That sling plate actually is loose in the gap.

Unless thats a perfect length it looks like it would have a gap at receiver or a gap in stock where screw is pushing stock forward onto tube.

I'm going to call them tomorrow.

It is a green one.  I can see the steel washer up inside.  Maybe the color ones are off spec.

Also came with forends that are nice fit.  

Looking at some videos where the pad end was shown, looked made different than mine.

Mine is solid plastic on back where bolt and washer go.  Looked like the ones I saw the bolt in washer was inside cylinder.