Installing 7 round tube.

Gmcrigger2007

Blue loctite would be sufficient.  
After talking to some more knowledgeable folks than myself, I skipped loctite on my install of the 7 round tube.  As long as you tighten it down and make sure your magazine cap is tight - it will be held in place fine.  Make cleaning and maintenance a little easier being able to take the tube on and off if you want.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, bigdog02 said:

Blue loctite would be sufficient.  
After talking to some more knowledgeable folks than myself, I skipped loctite on my install of the 7 round tube.  As long as you tighten it down and make sure your magazine cap is tight - it will be held in place fine.  Make cleaning and maintenance a little easier being able to take the tube on and off if you want.

I don't use any. The red loctite used at the factory is an overkill. Like using a shotgun to kill a house fly.  The magazine cap is sufficient.

On 4/30/2021 at 2:56 PM, Gmcrigger2007 said:

Should I use Loctite when I install the  magazine tube ? If so , will blue Loctite be sufficient? 

I use vibratite v3 on all firearms.  I find it works better than loctite. Blue loctite will work no prob but look into v3 it works great

I removed my 5rd tube just to make the gun into a takedown that will fit into a backpack or suitcase and I don't see any need to use thread locker there. BTW, if you remove the trigger group, you can point a heat gun at the tube from where the trigger group was and it will melt the factory Loctite (R) in less than a minute.

I saw the 7rd tubes going for $300 and up and bought a 2rd extension tube for $50 instead. It does the job of making the magazine 7rd capable and makes the job of cleaning out the magazine tube a lot easier too. It clears the barrel lug, and when cleaning out the tube you just put the follower in, then the spring, and then you put the 2rd extension tube over the spring and push it onto the 5rd tube. It very easy to compress the spring and there's no small parts looking to fly 20 yards away if you lose your grip, which is even more unlikely. I can just see somebody slip and fire that follower 1/8 mile away in the dark trying to clean the dirt out of a 7rd magazine tube. That or lose the snap ring sleeve using snap ring pliers, which they will need if they re-glued the tube in the gun, which I can't imagine is really needed in any case.

Nope. As far as I'm concerned the 7rd tube is purely for cosmetic purposes and gluing it in place is redundant. Function beats bling in my book.

• Upvote 2