SBEII Stock Extension

bigreid

I e-mailed customer service and did not get a reply so I thought I would try here, I hope this is an appropriate question.

I am 6'8" tall and have about a 15 1/2 length of pull. Is it possible to extend the stock on the SBEII with a spacer or something else?

I really want to get one and the gun store now has exactly what I want in stock (left-handed, 28" barrel, in Max-4).

If you want to lengthen a Comfort-Tech stock to 15 1/2" you should check with All Sport Tech 734-717-5390. They make a Kit ($20.00 + s&h) that lets you lengthen a synthetic stock with no alterations to the stock. It's the only one out there that i know of. Hope this helps.--GB

[ 12-12-2005, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Golden Bear ]

Thanks for the help, I will give them a call. I did contact a local gunsmith who said he as done it before and some how put dowls inside the stock then put on a regular pad system using the dowls as an anchor. I am interested in what all sport has. Thanks again.

Originally posted by bigreid:

I e-mailed customer service and did not get a reply so I thought I would try here, I hope this is an appropriate question.

I am 6'8" tall and have about a 15 1/2 length of pull. Is it possible to extend the stock on the SBEII with a spacer or something else?

You will soon get the feeling ,that once you buy a gun from them, Benelli doesn't want to know you. ....nothing new, you will find that though out this forum.

My frist time out with the SBE II wasn't that good, for the same reason. I'm 6'-10" and both the gun and the duck blind didn't fit me right. For the gun, I also will need to extend the stock, and as for the the blind, the next day my buddy showed up with a shovel, and dug me a hole to stand in. ..." F'n Smart a**"

[ 12-20-2005, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Russ F. ]

I called Benelli the other day looking for a D drop shim for the SBE II. I get about 60/40 with the C and I'd like 50/50 for my flat rice field shooting.

They answered the phone on the 2nd ring.

Now, a D drop is not available for the SBE II, but they were very courteous on the phone.

This is the same treatment I've been getting from Benelli for almost 15 years.

If the part does not exist (ever or yet) why biatch?

Deal with it and look for an aftermarket part.

Another example is Kent Cartridge Company. They bevel the edges on some of their shells. I spent $800 on Matrix this year only to find out it slipped out of the Benelli magazine due to the also beveled edge on my Benelli cartridge latch :mad: Kent can't change their shells just for me and Benelli can't change their latch just for Kent. So instead of throwing a hissy fit on the internet,I just spent 30 seconds with a Dremel and flattened out the cartridge latch. Problem fixed.

I guess even if you make the best product out there, you will never please everyone tongue.gif

mudhen - CA

• 2 weeks later...

I got an e-mail back from Benelli and they said they are working on an extension. Their first proto-type failed and are going back to the drawing board. Hopefully by mid-year they will have something.

I wonder if they talked with the guy at all-sport-tech about his style. I haven't seen it yet but it sounds pretty simple.

I bet it won't take long for the engineers to figure it out.