While I wait.......

fatbiker852

My journey down the dark hole of acquiring a M4 and then the endless upgrades started in February of 2021. Walked into a LGS with no intentions of buying a gun and saw an H20 M4 on the wall. Couldn't help myself so I purchased it. After a little research I decided I wanted to make a few upgrades.... (All of you know how that goes.) After countless hours of research and way too much money I am almost complete. 

The last piece I'm waiting for is the Trigger kit and mag tube to return from Briley Manufacturing. I sent my trigger kit in the first week of March and I'm still without it. Not going to lie I'm starting to get a bit irritated and pissed. They have been telling me for three weeks they are waiting for parts. Yes, I understand that Covid has things backed up. However, don't set expectation of 3-5 week turnaround time. Either way I'm doing my best to keep it together lol. 

Ok, I'm done complaining.   

I wanted to make a shout out to @StrangerDangerfor all of his time and patients. He has been more than patient with my endless barrage of questions, concerns, etc. He has helped me with parts lists, step-by-step walkthroughs, and so much more. I certainly wouldn't have come this far without his help. For that, I wanted to sincerely thank you. 

I can't wait to get my M4 back in order and finally shoot the hell out of it. The ammo sits here waiting to be fired but the gun has no trigger. Soon enough :) 

• Upvote 1

Have patience, my friend. It's well worth the wait.

I waited ~10weeks for my Benelli to come home from Briley. I was told that it was going to take quite a while and they could not initially give me even a rough time estimate. I called after 8 weeks and was told it was going to be a while longer but that I had moved further in the queue. I turned my attention to a couple other firearm projects and was actually surprised when I was notified of the return shipment. 

8 hours ago, LowBoost said:

@D'zaster Is there any real noticeable difference between stock and their trigger upgrade? Gauging if it worth it or just spend the money on something else.

LB, Definitely a considerable difference between the stock trigger and Briley match trigger (very smooth feel on the lighter pull and crisp break). Although it's appropriate to say, I had no complaints about the factory Benelli trigger.  

Seeing all the cool builds from various members on the forum, I decided to go with A&S trigger guard with the idea I would eventually install it w the stock trigger/lifter with US parts swapped in consideration of 922R. About a month later, I was on a call w Briley to inquire about opening the loading port but of course, one thing lead to another and another.....

Funny you mentioned about the A&S trigger guard. I asked the initial question because I am considering the same. “If I’m going to wait that long, better have them take care of the related upgrades and be done with it.”

I’ll stop by to chat with them. I’m down for the job once they have all the parts in-stock to minimize wait time.

• Upvote 1

I spoke with Briley this morning about my trigger kit that has been there since March 15th. They told me the same story they have been saying over the past three to four weeks. "Still waiting to get the parts back from plating...." 

This is becoming ridiculous. I regret not attempting to rebuild my trigger kit myself. If you plan to send anything to Briley they now state any gun work will have a 14-20 week lead-time. 

I picked up the rail and carbon fiber tube. Also talked to them about the A&S trigger housing, trigger work and a few things.

I decided not to pursue the trigger update, but will get the A&S, Taran Tactical feed mag plate and be done with it.