Old M4?

Meteor

Hi everyone!

I am looking at M4s of late and saw one that looks to be an older model. 

The gun's barrel appears to be grey and the part that connects the barrel to the tube seems to sit further from the front. I am guessing that it is an older version but there is no Gen1 or MK1 M4s so it is hard finding out more. I also do not have more info than these pictures and the heading Benelli M4 Super 90.

Can anyone please give me a bit of info? Is it the equivalent of an Mk1? 

Regards

Uwe 

YIFu5zl.jpgZ9FuldI.jpg31K9AFr.jpg

Edited by Meteor

I've heard the same but doing searches does not bring up much. I also tried to find the specific barrel length but had no luck.

I would be happy if it was an European model, then chances are good it is not a older design. If this is the 4 port or some post-64 version I don't know if I want it.

I asked here because I am a bit shy to ask sellers stuff like "is this the old version?". I hope some more info comes along. 

All the best

I had to look at the trigger guard again and noticed the egg shaped hole. It does look poly. Then I looked at the slope on the front and it looks Alu. It does seem like it has a bit of both look to it. 
I guess best thing to do is just take the phone and dial the owner. Then I can let you guys know as well :)

Thanks for alllllll the help guys. 
Regards
Uwe 

2 hours ago, Meteor said:

I had to look at the trigger guard again and noticed the egg shaped hole. It does look poly. Then I looked at the slope on the front and it looks Alu. It does seem like it has a bit of both look to it. 
I guess best thing to do is just take the phone and dial the owner. Then I can let you guys know as well :)

Thanks for alllllll the help guys. 
Regards
Uwe 

Ask the owner what the letters are inside the square box next to the proof markings on the left side of the receiver near the trigger guard this will tell you the year or manufacture ..