Supernova Tactical 14''

WoundedDog

Hi everyone. New guy here. I've been having a real love affair lately with short barrelled shotguns. My latest purchase is a Supernova Tactical with a 14'' barrel and collapsible stock.

This is my first ever Benelli so I'm curious to hear from other owners what their thoughts are, good or bad.

I'm thinking this is just going to be a whole lot of fun?

• 1 month later...

Just got my new SNT, wondering if it normal for the bolt assembly to slide back exposing ~ 1 inch of the front of the bolt assembly after the firing pin is discharged?  I know you can see a bit of the bolt assembly as pictured in the previous post, which is normal for this gun, but with ~ 1 inch exposed, you would think it would be easier for debris to accumulate.  Love the gun, except I think I would like the front of the bolt assembly to stay somewhat less exposed when gun is not loaded..

SNT.jpg

14 hours ago, WIITABIX said:

Just got my new SNT, wondering if it normal for the bolt assembly to slide back exposing ~ 1 inch of the front of the bolt assembly after the firing pin is discharged?  I know you can see a bit of the bolt assembly as pictured in the previous post, which is normal for this gun, but with ~ 1 inch exposed, you would think it would be easier for debris to accumulate.  Love the gun, except I think I would like the front of the bolt assembly to stay somewhat less exposed when gun is not loaded..

Push the forend forward and lock the bolt into battery. When the action is unlocked, the rotating bolt head will push the bolt rearward like you see in the pic. 

Edited by kwb377

Hi kbw377,  when I push the forend and advance the bolt into battery it does not lock, just slides back to more or less to the same position.  Now, if I actually cycle the action either with a round or without, it will "lock" in the closed position, but firing pin will be in the cocked position.  Wondering if other supernova models do the same thing or if mine is out of adjustment somehow?  I know on my Mossberg shotgun the bolt remains closed after the firing pin is discharged until I move the forend back.

The action on the Mossberg remains "closed" after you pull the trigger on an empty chamber because it doesn't have a rotating bolt. Your SN is functioning normally...both my Nova and SuperNova will do the same thing, along with my Winchester 1200 which has a rotating bolt...the bolt head is under spring tension. 

You won't have any issues if you:

1. Store it with the bolt unlocked as shown in the pic...unless maybe if you're mounting it externally on an off-road vehicle or dragging it behind an ATV and  exposing it to mud/sand/etc. 

2. Storing it with the hammer cocked, action locked, on an empty chamber. I have shotguns that are 30+ years old that have always been stored this way, with no issues. 

Thanks for the info kmb377.  That explains what I have been pondering.  If I need to transport my SNT where debris may be an issue I will keep hammer cocked, action locked, on an empty chamber.  Thanks again, and I am really liking the Supernova Tactical.