Flannel Daddy Garand with a new Benelli M4 video

Dkay67

34 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

Fun video worth watching. Wish he had ran some birdshot on that dummy to show how ineffective it is in comparison.

Granted, buckshot is hands down more effective than birdshot. But….

I have to disagree with you a little SD. I think birdshot in very close quarters, ie., in your home/apartment, with family or neighbors on the other side of that thin sheetrock wall, over penetration could be an issue. A load of birdshot at 12 to 15 feet would be very effective on human flesh.

My 2 cents…….

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, alpha 33 said:

Granted, buckshot is hands down more effective than birdshot. But….

I have to disagree with you a little SD. I think birdshot in very close quarters, ie., in your home/apartment, with family or neighbors on the other side of that thin sheetrock wall, over penetration could be an issue. A load of birdshot at 12 to 15 feet would be very effective on human flesh.

My 2 cents…….

Some 4,5,6 would be a nice Eff You finishing shot after some 00, especially to the face

1 hour ago, StrangerDanger said:

Exactly why he should have tested some birdshot from Valuepack to high brass!

Birdshot will definitely ruin your day, but it might not take the fight out of a motivated attacker immediately. I'd leave birdshot for the birds.

Agree completely, but I won't stop with one shot and seven or eight loads of #6-7 or 8's to the chest, will take the fight out of attacker no matter the motivation.

I remember a story from the 90's were a man armed with a .45 cal 1911 shot and killed an attacker. The judge asked him why he shot the man 7 times?

His response..... "It was all I had".

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 6:01 PM, alpha 33 said:

Agree completely, but I won't stop with one shot and seven or eight loads of #6-7 or 8's to the chest, will take the fight out of attacker no matter the motivation.

I remember a story from the 90's were a man armed with a .45 cal 1911 shot and killed an attacker. The judge asked him why he shot the man 7 times?

His response..... "It was all I had".

While I wholeheartedly agree with what you are saying on your last post Alpha33, it can end up putting you in legal trouble. I think however if the story below was in a personal residence instead of a business, it would have been very different. The state of Oklahoma is a VERY gun friendly state. I was actually surprised by the outcome of this case. I also think that due to the fact that he went and reloaded and came back and shot again put the nail in the coffin so to speak. Race might have factored in, at least subconsciously.

Pharmacist shooting people holding up his store gets life in prison. Original footage here.

Did anyone else cringe when he was shooting off the rock with the forearm resting on the rock? Or, when he leaned the shotgun down with a clunk onto another rock? Maybe it is me, but I wouldn't do that on any of my guns. My hand would be between it and the rock.

His door shots I think were right at the side collision bars. Slightly down would make quite a difference. I liked the video, and he displayed good trigger finger discipline.

Edited by bambihunter
  • Like 1

Definitely didn't use his hard earned money to buy that one.  At least I hope not.

I always cringe when these yt ers abuse or destroy a gun or knife.

Kinda like kids do abusing your stuff and then when they buy there own they take care of it.  LOL

• Upvote 1

That's what I though RJHUB. I realize all the things I mentioned would just result in blemishes on the surface, but these are expensive guns (at least to those of us that purchase our own. I wouldn't treat my cheapest firearm like that. But, to each their own. Similarly, I can't believe the things some people do with their vehicles.

I get the concern but for something like an M4 I'm not too worried about the finish or any dings/scratches because the value of the M4 to me is purely in function and reliability in adverse conditions where the gun is supposed to take a beating anyways. Throwing it on stuff is unnecessary but laying it on a rock or it falling over or whatever really doesn't concern me. Something like a bespoke H&H handbuilt with fine wood and engravings treated like that though would give me a heart attack lol.

Edited by BallChange

I understand that it is a tool to some. Honestly, all my hunting arms are tools. They will get bumps and bruises but I still try my best not to. More than once I have fell down in the woods and I rolled over and landed on my back so the firearm stays good. This was particularly true on my (only) elk hunting trip. I had a Rem. 700 Titanium and a Leupold VX-6 (~$3,500). But, I was mainly worried about it being damaged and me not be able to finish my hunt after spending all that money. I also knew that may be the only time I ever get to go elk hunting.

You may call BS on this but it's the honest truth. I went pheasant hunting with a group in northern Kansas. I knew most of the people but had never met the father of one of the guys. He had recently bought a new shotgun (mid-level trimmed 870 Remington). We get to the field and he takes out the shotgun. He then proceeds to walk over to a barbed wire fence. He scraped it on the fence on both sides of the stock, and the back of the receiver. I looked at his son, probably with disbelief in my eyes. He said he has many collectible guns that he takes care of. But, for ones that are a hunting tool, he does that to every new one. Then he can hunt without having to worry about it. He holds the gun with both hands through briars and brush and it is scraping all the time. I lift mine up to my chest or hold it in one hand up under my arm.