Benelli M4 and Beretta 1301

Djack69

2 hours ago, JT111 said:

I had a 1301. It handled great, cycled everything I fed it and was light as a feather. It had a perfect LOP stock for me. Kind of wish I still had it. 

Almost feels like a toy the first time I picked it up.

I had every intention on getting one of these, but they were out of stock for-ev-er. Got a notification for the M1014, figured I'd better jump on the first thing I could. I'm happy with what I got, but.... Those Berettas are stellar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrhug3 said:

I had every intention on getting one of these, but they were out of stock for-ev-er. Got a notification for the M1014, figured I'd better jump on the first thing I could. I'm happy with what I got, but.... Those Berettas are stellar.

The M4 was a dream come true. I had NO intentions of buying a 1301, and had no idea what it was. Then came across a YouTube video comparison of it and an M4 and thought, how dare you compare the 2 guns.  But it drew me in, and well my M4 will always be my #1, the Beretta is my #1.5!

10 hours ago, Djack69 said:

The M4 was a dream come true. I had NO intentions of buying a 1301, and had no idea what it was. Then came across a YouTube video comparison of it and an M4 and thought, how dare you compare the 2 guns.  But it drew me in, and well my M4 will always be my #1, the Beretta is my #1.5!

I had been wanting one for years as well, but I didn't know if I really wanted to spend so much on a shotgun (I guess I did). Stumbled on the 1301 which I ended up liking ALMOST as much, so I figured I'd settle for it. Cheaper, lighter, and all that. But it's not a Benelli. 

• Like 1

How is the aftermarket support on the 1301? Is it as robust as that of the M4 (mag tube extensions, charging handles, shell lifters, etc.)?

How is the reliability of it's gas system compared to the M4, mainly for 00 Buck, #4 Shot shells, and high brass slugs (all 2 3/4")?

LGS has an FDE and a Marine model each on hand for $1356 new, and I'm on the fence about "pulling the trigger" on one. Or should I just stick with my M4 H2O and M3 Combat...?

MNY THX!

Edited by AIRB0RNE6176
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AIRB0RNE6176 said:

How is the aftermarket support on the 1301? Is it as robust as that of the M4 (mag tube extensions, charging handles, shell lifters, etc.)?

How is the reliability of it's gas system compared to the M4, mainly for 00 Buck, #4 Shot shells, and high brass slugs (all 2 3/4")?

LGS has an FDE and a Marine model each on hand for $1356 new, and I'm on the fence about "pulling the trigger" on one. Or should I just stick with my M4 H2O and M3 Combat...?

MNY THX!

It is extremely robust.

https://www.aridusindustries.com/product-category/beretta1301/

The 1301 will cycle all things well, except LL, and it comes closer to cycling those than the M4, from what I have HEARD. I would believe it. That said, if you have a shell that will not quiiiettttte cycle your M4, but does the 1301, I'd say the margin is too slim to count on it, anyways. My test for cycling/function is to hold the weapon like a big pistol without locking my arm, and run it. If it will cycle through the mag and lock back, I consider it G2G.

The 1301 is a great shotgun. It is, however, a hunting gun steered toward tactical use, and the elements of design when you take it apart show this. It will not run for as long as an M4, but it will run very very very very long, indeed!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Good to know, and reply is appreciated.

So, if you needed a 18.5" (or so) gas gun for primarily home defense and general field/range use secondarily, which would it be: M4 Tactical or 1301 Tactical?

For occasional LL shells and for the added benefit of the sound of racking the the slide, the M3 has that covered (pump mode).

Just trying to see if there is a "need" (not just a "want") for another HD gas gun. Is the 1301 considerably better than the M4 for typical HD loads and handling/maintenance/accessories, or just hold what I got? (The $1356 could go elsewhere, if needed...)

THX

11 minutes ago, AIRB0RNE6176 said:

So, if you needed a 18.5" (or so) gas gun for primarily home defense and general field/range use secondarily, which would it be: M4 Tactical or 1301 Tactical?

For occasional LL shells and for the added benefit of the sound of racking the the slide, the M3 has that covered (pump mode).

Just trying to see if there is a "need" (not just a "want") for another HD gas gun. Is the 1301 considerably better than the M4 for typical HD loads and handling/maintenance/accessories, or just hold what I got? (The $1356 could go elsewhere, if needed...)

THX

No. I have an M4 SBS and am going to buy another one (because why not? Also, I'd like a "spare"...). I like everything I've read and heard about the 1301, but I have zero desire to invest in one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/4/2021 at 6:11 PM, Unobtanium said:

It is extremely robust.

https://www.aridusindustries.com/product-category/beretta1301/

The 1301 will cycle all things well, except LL, and it comes closer to cycling those than the M4, from what I have HEARD. I would believe it. That said, if you have a shell that will not quiiiettttte cycle your M4, but does the 1301, I'd say the margin is too slim to count on it, anyways. My test for cycling/function is to hold the weapon like a big pistol without locking my arm, and run it. If it will cycle through the mag and lock back, I consider it G2G.

The 1301 is a great shotgun. It is, however, a hunting gun steered toward tactical use, and the elements of design when you take it apart show this. It will not run for as long as an M4, but it will run very very very very long, indeed!

Thanks for the link I had no idea! 

On 7/4/2021 at 6:31 PM, AIRB0RNE6176 said:

THX

For me or was just a want. Still haven't taken mine out.  My bedside is my m4, camping outside etc 1301.