...And she's DONE!!!(For Now)​?

chris1280

A big shout out to this forum for helping me build my Holy Grail M4.  I don't normally post pics of my guns but I'm pretty excited for this one.

Upgrades:
-14" Barrel Assembly(Only 18 days to get my Form 1 approved)
-CC Ti 5rd tube(Still waiting for it)
-CC mag tube plug/Spring
-IWS sling mount
-IWS light mount
-FFT foregrips Stippled by Suregrips Custom
-Limbsaver 10403 pad
-GG&G bolt release
-DMW safety
-KZ charging handle(Might change it)
-Benelli collapsable stock
-Sync RMR mount
-RMR06 type 2
-DMW 2 round extended tube
-A&S Trigger guard
-TTI AccuGuide Extended Carrier
-Surefire Z57 tailcap
-Modlite PLV2

X0s2uP9.jpgbEB2LQR.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, alpha 33 said:

How is the velcro applied to the receiver?

I cleaned the side of the receiver with acetone and used this heavy duty velcro, just the loop portion.

https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Industrial-Strength-Fasteners/dp/B00006IC2T/ref=sr_1_3?crid=I04W4I8FTUAH&dchild=1&keywords=velcro+90593+2"+x+4'+black+industrial+strength+tape&qid=1625415875&sprefix=velcro+90593%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-3

51 minutes ago, alpha 33 said:

I guess my concern is what, if any, damage is done to the receiver finish if left on for a long time.

I had the same velcro loop on the receiver for almost 2 years and about a month ago I peeled it off so I could get the receiver engraved and although it was really on there it came off with no residue left behind and no discoloration or damage to the receiver.

50 minutes ago, Unobtanium said:

OP, can you update us? I have the Esstac cards and their velcro, 5 shot, and it slowly began peeling my velcro off the de-greased receiver with the loaded shot card. Has it done this to you, as well?

I'm not sure which loop velcro Esstac sends out because I bought their 6 rd shotgun cards from skdtac.com so I had to source my own loop side. I've been using the same box of velcro that I picked up from Home Depot about 2 years ago or so. I just installed a fresh piece about a month ago which is what you see in the above pics since I had to take the original piece off to get my receiver engraved. The original piece held strong for about 2 years with a 6 round card constantly velcro'd to the receiver. Hopefully I'll have the same success with this new piece. If I start to have issues then I'll update this post.

Ax4JjNc.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, RJHUB said:

Any reason not to go ahead and get the 7 rnd esstac card?  Looks like it would fit nicely.

Honestly, there is no specific reason other than it's what I've had on hand from when I owned a Rem 870. But I agree with ArthurMorgan that the 7rd cards would fit my needs better.

Edited by chris1280