M4 spike/glass breaker mag tube cap...?!

AIRB0RNE6176

Greetings All. Just a quick query to see if anyone knows if there is a spike or "glass breaker" magazine tube cap for the M4. 

Something similar to the one that "Black Aces" makes for the Mossberg series (see attached pics). Any info/insight would be great, as this would be an add on for HD, etc.

Many Thanks!Screenshot_20210705-135823_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5b626c8b3e776f06542500400a78fe03.jpgScreenshot_20210705-135833_Chrome.thumb.jpg.06355e3c8aee3e436c1ca973e5f8b61e.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thanks to all for the info and insight on this one.

Please know that in this circumstance, I would  NOT  necessarily use this piece of kit to only break glass with...

I totally get that the "Almighty M4/M1014" can more than take care of most matters, as I've been quite a few "gov't funded international trips" where I've had to put it to actual use.  Just looking at options besides a bayonet mount on a HD shotgun...??

M4 Bayonet.jfif

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I've mentioned before, I read long ago a retired judge say in his 35 years on the bench that a shotgun, by far, was THE most fought over weapon in home invasions. I can see this glass breaker as a deterrent to grabbing the end of the muzzle. I have, on one of my M4's a breacher choke with spikes for that exact reason. I have an M-7 bayo for my Mossberg 590A1 as well. I would not class this as a useless toy. YMMV

• Upvote 2

On 7/5/2021 at 10:04 AM, AIRB0RNE6176 said:

Greetings All. Just a quick query to see if anyone knows if there is a spike or "glass breaker" magazine tube cap for the M4. 

Something similar to the one that "Black Aces" makes for the Mossberg series (see attached pics). Any info/insight would be great, as this would be an add on for HD, etc.

Many Thanks!Screenshot_20210705-135823_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5b626c8b3e776f06542500400a78fe03.jpgScreenshot_20210705-135833_Chrome.thumb.jpg.06355e3c8aee3e436c1ca973e5f8b61e.jpg

Airborne, we talked about this sir, it is for vampires. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not sure if I've already posted these, but here's what I've got set up for the Mrs. when she feels the need for running mini/shorty shells. She's got both the M&P12 and I got her the 12ga Shockwave as a gift this year (and added a "spike")...

20230807_092257.thumb.jpg.d7f0b8f35430e982dd02423cd14dd7bb.jpg

The Tac-13 is my "Thumper" that I wish could properly cycle the same mini's but it does just fine with the low recoil shells and has since been SBS'd (no "spike" however... yet).

20230515_105627.thumb.jpg.3fd24afddcccaf9257a8321dd8da8ec7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Don't drop the Mossy, you'll break it. There is a fix, but without the fix it's easily broken when the shell lifter gets knocked out of place. Trying to rack the slide at that point makes it worse. I had a gunsmith put the fix to my Shockwave (drilled and tapped the studs on both sides of shell lifter then added nylon or delrin washers and fasteners). You never know when you may drop your weapon unexpectedly, and Mossys are guaranteed to have the shell lifter pop out of position when dropped. Mossberg claims to have no knowledge of this when asked about it, "Oh, that's news to us! We've never heard of any such thing!"

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, danbrew said:

I’ve got a pretty simple device that prevents somebody from grabbing the end of the barrel… lol. 

Yeah, I've got the same simple device, it's my trigger finger. A varmint may grab the end of the barrel momentarily however that varmint will be letting go in a flash, literally.

• Upvote 1